• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Prepare morphine 60mg for intravenous administration?

Maximo18

Greenlighter
I have stumbled across some orange 60mg morphine tablets (E655 on one side, 60 on the other) and was wondering how to prepare these as safely as possible for intravenous administration. I've searched around but have not found a completely satisfactory answer. I am well aware the dangers of this form of administration.

I would also would like to know a way to simply extract, as pure as possible, morphine power (its morphine sulfate in these pills, correct?) from the other junk in the pills. I guess it would pretty much follow the same same procedure as the one above but maybe with some evaporation?

Thanks for helping me out guys!

I get the same ones.... long oval orange ones...... just add a capfull of water to the spoon heat till boil throw half a pill in (dont crush it) and heat a lil more till orange starts bleeding out then crush with end of rig and mix.... throw in cotton and suck up before it gels ....

Last edited:
the solution is very clear in the rig..... key is dont let them touch the water untill its hot enough....ive been doing these for about a year...... with that method...

also in my experiance the rush is the same with a half a pill as it is with a whole... so i do half of a pill at a time....

also... you can do a re-cook..... just add another capful let it boil for a few sec then smash the gel real good and suck it up

or if you wanna add your recook with the original shot...just use a half a cap full of water each time

let me know if it worked for ya :)

Last edited:
Thanks for such a fast response! I really don't know anything about syringes or anything. Would you mind clarifying a couple terms you used so I can better understand what exactly I'm doing.

So I grab a normal spoon, add a capfull(?) of water, boil the water in the spoon with a flame or something(?), add a half a pill (30mg) to the spoon with boiling water, continue to heat the spoon with everything in it until the orange stats bleeding out, then crush the pill in the spoon and water with the end of the rig(?) and mix for a bit, and then I place some cotton ball or something into the spoon, and that will absorb (the solution? or the wax?)

Edit: Is 30mg intravenous dose alright for me if I have almost no tolerance? Also is there a post around here about proper intravenous administration?

Last edited:
Alright I prepared it, the solution I have now is clear, but tinted a faint yellow color, maybe faint orange, have I done it correctly?

There are HEAPS of threads on here that say NEVER HEAT PILLS! Look into them, there is strong reasoning behind it (that gel you heat to dissolve will turn back into gel in your veins and one day when you're unlucky that will cause huge problems with your respiratory or cardiovascular system).

jesus christ that first response was the absolute worse advice one could give

DO NOT HEAT PILLS, it puts all the "junk" as you referred to it as in your solution.
These are Morphine SR (Sustained Release) pills and are terrible to inject. If you are to inject morphine, I would insist on using Instant Release.
But nothing I say will change your mind. If you insist on injecting these pills, crush them into a fine power (perhaps use a warm paper towel/cloth to get out the orange INK so you dont put that into your heart), then add cold water, mix it up, and draw it up with a cotton. If you have product left over, it is insoluble cut and should be thrown away.
I must also say, if you plan on doing this repeatedly, you should micron filter multiple pills into a bacretiostatic vial for multiple uses. No more crushing up the pills and doing all the work every time you shoot. You just fix it up once, filter it, and you have a nice vial to put your rig in, pull up as much as you need, then shoot. It's very convenient, and a lot healthier for your body.

Thanks for linking the micron filtering mega thread.

This is the only way to safely filter tablets for injection; otherwise, it's just not safe.

you pretty much have to heat the water for these kind... it releases all the morphine when they melt in the hot water then all the gel is left in spoon.... ive let a rig sit for a few houres and was still clear and watery with these pills.... and i should of linked for micron filtration, but i was just letting him know how i did it. there is no way to iv these pills without heating them, so i told him how it would work...

I know what he means, it's called the crisping method. I've tried these gelling morphines and MS-Contins and had the same deal. If you put any of it in cold water it goes to a giant blob of gel in no time at all. This is why hot water is preferred at this extraction part. If I didn't suck it up while the morphine was still in the water I got hardly anything since it got stuck in the gel. It's best to filter twice when you get the original solution cooled, then you don't have to worry about it gelling inside of your vascular system.

These are the only MS Contin I will ever mess with as they are the only ones that will produce a solution when cooled that is not oily or slimy.

One of the first posters got it almost exactly right, although our method may be a little bit different process is basically the same, except I would add the cool and Micro Filter step in.

1. Add about 130 to 150 units of water to spoon.
2. Have pill crushed and ready.
3. Get water in spoon to boiling.
4. Add crushed pill and quickly stir.
5. Add heat again to keep hot.
6. Quickly stir and suck up as fast as you can with cotton.
7. Let cool and Micron filter.

You should end up with a completely clear solution with almost no color.

Can someone who has more knowledge tell my why heating is bad if you let solution cool to precipitate out any thing that went into solution due to heat and then micron filter?

This is how I have always done it and has worked well for me. Only these particular brand though.

Thanks for all the info guys (most of it at least)! I decided not to go out my way to prepare it properly for IV and went with the oral route instead. My intuition tells me I should probably not get started with IV things in the first place.

Yes good decision. The morphine rush is and can be almost painful for those that have not acquired a taste for it. If you have never injected morphine or anything very close to morphine I almost bet that would have been your first and last time doing so.

However my question still stands.

If a solution from a pill that gells has been heated and cooled and micron filtered how is that still worse than shooting any other pill micron filtered that you didn’t heat.

I hate the “never heat pills” that everyone always automatically comes with every time a thread like this comes up. I mean from what I understand there is heat involved in both the production of morphine and the transformation of morphine to heroin…I could be wrong….but people cold shoot the product from that all the time.

My understanding is that as long as you are not injecting something that is still hot and have micron filtered it since it has cooled down there should not be any problems.

Anyone?

ONandOFF I made that argument in a filter thread a while ago. And no it doesn't make a difference if you don't use heat or if you let you solution cool before filtering, it's just easier to tell people not to heat their pills if they don't know what their doing (there is a slight difference if you take it down to physics principals and looks at the enthalpy change required for state change).

Yes good decision. The morphine rush is and can be almost painful for those that have not acquired a taste for it. If you have never injected morphine or anything very close to morphine I almost bet that would have been your first and last time doing so.

^^^^^

You statement has me confused.....why would the morphine rush be painful?

The intense histamine reaction can seem almost painful especially if it is a very large dose or you are not use to it.

This quickly subsides but “pins and needles” could be construed as pain.

Pretty highly tolerant to opiates, have taken 60 mg+ hydromorph IV, but the "rush" from one 60 mg orange oval tablet labelled "rph 60" morphine tablet(pumpkin) was EXTREMELY unexpected. The burning sensation quickly travelled from my face to my body. I thought I was on fire. Definately should have only done 1/2. For a moment I thought I was gonna die. Not to be taken lightly. Must b the histamine release the previous poster was referring to.