• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Preparation for before and during a trip?

boavida

Greenlighter
So I will be dropping an LSD tab this weekend, and I aim to start in the morning so that I'll be able to sleep fine that night and be good to do whatever the following day.

How heavy should my meal be in the morning, my breakfasts vary from a bowl of porridge to a full english breakfast. What would you suggest eating beforehand as it might be my first and last meal that day?

I also hear that juice is good to have on hand when taking it. I'm not sure if its the same for LSD but on shrooms I remember being told that sugar takes you off the trip. Does this happen on LSD too, should I avoid eating sweets on a trip?

Meal, I would have 2-3 eggs and some oatmeal with a liter of water.

Throughout the day I would just stick with water, keep as many chemicals and substances out of your body as possible while tripping that way you get the full effect of the cid.

If you're only planning on one meal, make sure it's enough. Better err on the side of more than less, I'd say.

Never heard of sugar taking you off a trip, shroom or LSD. I used to get these little fruit gummies before my mushroom trips and I would eat them during the come up to help ease any anxiety. They were loaded with sugar, but I never noticed any effect on the trip. In general, I don't recommend sweets while tripping, not because they take you off I just think healthy natural food is better than man made food on trips (and in general). I no longer even eat the fruit gummies.

Something I've learnt over the years with psychedelics; a lesson I to this day forget to apply to my explorations from time to time: set an intention and before you put any material in your body, ask yourself why are you ingesting this, what kind of experience am I seeking?

You don't have to make it a ceremony. You don't have to vocalize it to anyone.

But I find it helps give your trip some kind of direction. Even if this dialogue with yourself goes something like this. I'll use a set and setting that I can draw from from my own life as an example.

I'm going to a house party with lots of close friends that I heard about 1-2 weeks ago. I booked the day after the party off so I know the impending doom of knowing I have to work the next day doesn't interfere with my festivities.

At the party I am offered free mushrooms. At first I hesitate. Then quickly accept and I'm holding 1.5-2 grams in my hand.

"I want to dance and have lots of belly laughs with my friends tonight. I'm going to take mushrooms tonight and no matter what direction they take me, this is my intention and reason for ingesting a psychedelic"

You can never expect a trip to go in the direction you want it too. Sometimes these drugs have a way of....handing your ass to you on a plate. But you can work with the erratic nature of the psychedelic experience by incorporating some form of ritual, and expressing an intention for the experience.

^Well said Chemical Wizard! I like the lightheartedness that your bring to the idea of intention setting. It doesn't have to be a sombre process of setting rigid frameworks.

From my experiences so far
- don't eat an hour or 3 beforehand, but have a good healthy breakfast (oats, fruit, etc to keep you full for a while)
- don't plan activities; but have a few options ready, e.g. a pre-made playlist, movies at an easy location...
- a drink within reach, same for a bit of bitesized food (fruit salad, olives & raw veggies with dip are GOAT)
- pillows, blankets, toys all closeby
- turn off your phone, unplug your doorbell
- relax & enjoy the ride, don't try to control it