• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

preloading for MDMA - what the?

Thanks for the links BilZ0r. A few surprises there, particularly that 2D6 is only thought to metabolize 30% or less.

As for 5HTP. Well I always tried to take L-tryptophan when using MDMA, both as preload and post load, and while I didn't notice it increasing the roll to any great extent (some however reported it does), it most certainly never seemed to decrease the effects.

And despite popular belief (but backed up by all I've seen follow this regimen) tryptophan does eliminate most if not all the negative after-effects of MDMA, provided the dosage (MDMA) isn't too large (<150mg/ session). I would take tryptophan @ 1,000-2,000mg/ day for 2 days prior to taking MDMA, then continue for 1-2 days following use. Worked a charm! It's just a pity you can't get it in Aus anymore :\

phase_dancer said:
It's just a pity you can't get it in Aus anymore :\
So what's the point of taking L-tryptophan when there's 5-HTP, i though L-tryptophan is the actual precursor to 5-HTP.

So what's the point of taking L-tryptophan when there's 5-HTP, i though L-tryptophan is the actual precursor to 5-HTP.

Yes, that's correct. But it does different things as well. Perhaps it's the induction of L-tryptophanyl mRNA or activation/ deactivation of another enzymatic pathway, but whatever it is, the effects are quite different. Taking a large amount of L-tryptophan will make you quite sleepy but you don't get the vivid dreams that most people do with 5HTP.

Tryptophan Metabolism