• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Pregablin for coming off benzos and codeine

Jungo871

Bluelighter
I'm wanting off diazepam and my cocodomals. I'm on 30mg of diazepam a day and 4 cocodomals 30/500. I'm not asking for what my GP will do but If I stopped my benzos how much pregablin would I roughly be given if any? I find codeine addictive and benzos are a nightmare to stop. Would pregablin substitute the benzo w/d and give me pain relief? Also I don't want to jump into it as I don't want a lower dosage than what I'm getting. This isn't to get high but from a general point of view would 75mg 3x a day help and I know pregablin is around 300mg to 600mg daily in divided doses. Is it worth it both medically and also asking the GP. I have back pain as well so I am interested in trying it. Gabapentin isn't an option I find it works but then tolerance kicks in fast. I find codeine addictive and benzos so I am willing to try if GP agrees but don't want to end up losing my scripts for a low dose which might not work as well. Is it possible to cut down my diazepam to 15mg cut out the cocodomal and maybe even stay on the diazepam by half of what I'm on and get off opioid drugs which are addictive and get maybe even more pregablin say 300mg a day along with valium 15mg. Any replies would be appreciated and helpful. I'm also aware of the bad reputation of pregablin which is stopping GPs prescribing it. I could buy it online but I want to do it properly. I love valium but I want to cut down and so does my GP but only if I can get pregablin which in a 300mg dose wouldn't cause the problems with benzos. I'm physically addicted and this could substitute the valium but not come off it completely. Gabapentin I find is too weak. Any advice? Or would I be better sticking to what I'm getting? I could also take paracetamol otc without codeine. I'm on zopiclone 7.5mg X2 a week as well and mirtazapine 15mg. Thanks in advance for any advice. I don't want to end up with benzo w/ds

you'll need huge doses of Pregabalin to mitigate some of the Benzo withdrawals, im taking about 300-600mg daily, it aint woth it plus Pregabalin is addictive too, you'll be swapping one addiction for another. Just go on a diazepam / Codeine taper plan.

Is it possible to be on diazepam along with pregablin? I want to taper but don't really want to stop it completely. I'd rather have both maybe stick with the 30mg to start along with 300mg of pregabalin. From what I've read gabapentin/pregablin is used before being put on benzos. TBH I'd rather have my 30mg diazepam, pregabalin 300mg and stick with the cocodomal.

Are you experienced with pregabalin? It gives me a manic feeling

Had it around 3 times not scripted but one experience with it had my motor skills basically messed up in a good way. I kept banging off the walls and my coordination was way off. I don't remember the dose I had the lyrica brand and was 3 strips and I took them all at once. Weird thing is I hadn't tried gabapentin before I tried pregablin, but 1 gabapentin had me sleeping for 3 hours just after taking it. Can't remember the dosage but after I woke up I was staggering around and felt wasted for ages. Then after I was taking them regularly along with benzos, diazepam and clonazepam I didn't get much. Even mixing them with alcohol and diazepam it didn't do much. I don't drink anymore but I had a hitflask of gayla or something like that and took a strip of them with clonazepam and diazepam and never got the same effect. I was surprised by that 1 gabapentin because I had a high benzo tolerance (30mg daily or 15mg) and it floored me. I also took 10 0.5mg of clonazepam and someone who I was with said that should have fucked me up but I didn't feel a thing. Only benzo that got me wrecked was Xanax bars had like 6 and memory was really cloudy. I don't get the clonazepam, people seem to love it but I felt it took to long to come on and didn't do much prefer valium. But I would like to try pregablin in higher doses as that got me wasted. They call it the new valium but from what I've heard about temazepam I'd say it's more like that. I wish they still did the gel capsules I have read they are the king of Benzos. I had gel ones once but I don't know if it was the valium but felt really sedated. Tried the 10mg ones had 3 and got nothing. Tolerance is a bad thing and benzo withdrawals are possibly the worst drug to come off of. I've rattled drink had minor DTs no fun had Librium did nothing but once the drink left my system I got a nice dunt. Sorry to go on I'm a bit all over the place just had 15mg of valium same crescent shit as before but I'm sure it's genuine stuff.

dunno, a gram or 1,000mg of pregabalin is sedating but id assume more than this? its not a huge replacement as far as i would go to say, and you build a tolerance extremely quickly. - started with first dose 500 mg, didnt last long till it became 1,000 it can zap you rather unexpectingly though i also don't find every dose of pregabalin to be the same even when not taken often

- have taken higher doses to aid with opiate withdrawal however can be noted 1000 is a good start point and don't increase till you really have to, and pregabalin's halflife/etc is pretty long, builds up in the body so id say 'if' you get addicted to it its not near as difficult as with benzos' but some people don't get much out of it other than a drunk but not drunk feel, it gives me a benzo-y feel, id take more but then tolerance i think it can also be physically addicting so watch out

Last edited:
Is it possible to be on diazepam along with pregablin? I want to taper but don't really want to stop it completely. I'd rather have both maybe stick with the 30mg to start along with 300mg of pregabalin. From what I've read gabapentin/pregablin is used before being put on benzos. TBH I'd rather have my 30mg diazepam, pregabalin 300mg and stick with the cocodomal.
is gabapentin better? i havent bothered to try?

Pregabalin is like a souped-up version of gabapentin. Gabapentin is milder and less intoxicating, more functional (in terms of if you're trying to get high).