• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pregabalin

dynodavie

Bluelighter
anyways so been trying to kick a 200 to 300 mg oxycodone addiction, i got clean with the use of ibogaine may 2017 and was clean 3 years until i cracked c-6 bone in my neck at work and had to have a c-5 to c-7 fusion, bone and disc was touching my spinal cord (horrific pain) pain level was 10 plus and some change, so have been on oxycodone for a little over a year now tolerance has got out of hand and i've been struggling with trying to quit so my family dr decided to switch me to 100 mg 60 count pregabalin with refills, so anyways i read on different forums that pregabalin would make opiate withdraw way more manageable so i have tried to kick opiates again for the last year or so and have used pregabalin a few times in the last year and have made 3 or 4 days here and there but would cave and get back on oxy and leave pregabalin alone, well this time was different i decided to load down with vitamins a few days and get my life back, i am now just closing out day 7 no oxy ( yay ! ) and feeling strong and decided to get a month under my belt and re-evaluate and just see if i really need opiates for a quality of life or am i better off without them, so anyways my question is i have used pregabalin at a dose of 3 to 400 mg a day for the first 6 days of opiate withdraw then quit them as well should i expect withdrawals from a 6 days of use of pregabalin ? and i've read more than once that sometimes withdrawal from pregabalin starts 2 to 3 days out, should i be bracing myself for some sort of pregabalin withdrawal ? thanks for your time in advance...

Congrats, nice work man.
Six days can certainly make you feel queasy and sweaty, but the full spectrum of withdrawal symptoms shouldn't appear after that short amount of time.
I recommend doing some kind of taper, even of it's a rapid one, for your own comfort. That is, lower the dosage a bit each day.

Congrats, nice work man.
Six days can certainly make you feel queasy and sweaty, but the full spectrum of withdrawal symptoms shouldn't appear after that short amount of time.
I recommend doing some kind of taper, even of it's a rapid one, for your own comfort. That is, lower the dosage a bit each day.
@tubgirl.jpg well in your opinion if i could handle the queasy and sweaty and i got my hands on a couple benzos just for sleep for the next few days would'nt it be better if i can stand it to go ahead and drop them now, and thanks for you reply to my original post my friend..

@dynodavie With a couple of benzos, I think you'll do just fine. I would definitely drop the pregabalin ASAP. :)
Pregabalin was a godsend when I got off opiates, I hope it helps you as well.
Congratulations again on getting. Good luck man!