• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Pregabalin taper

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
Hello I've taking 6 x 50mg pregabs twice a day not prescribed I take this amount to combat anxiety but I can't sustain this amount much longer for financial reasons so how best would it be to taper off 600mg of 50ng capsules I've heard you can have rebound anxiety and insomnia so want to avoid this as comfortable as possible...thank you in advance for any advice

Drop 100mg a day for 7 days
Repeat until on 0mg.
It will take a while. But if you stick to that you will hardly notice it.
Good luck

So by reducing 100mg every 7 days Until I reach 0mg is this a slow or quick taper would you say? Will I experience any rebound anxiety /insomnia in the process?

Will I experience any rebound anxiety /insomnia in the process?
Depends on many factors, mostly genetics and for how long you've been taking it. Chance is that you even could just cut in half and then stop without really feeling discomfort. I have a huge tolerance (600mg acutely are mildly relaxing, so it became useless) and don't feel much from just stopping but I suspect the tolerance to be a mayor factor given pregabs dual mechanism of action (low doses: inhibitory / large doses: excitatory - do the math).

So by reducing 100mg every 7 days Until I reach 0mg is this a slow or quick taper would you say? Will I experience any rebound anxiety /insomnia in the process?
Not slow not quick just normal

You may have a day of some rebounds on the first day of reduction but itll pass, trust

Not slow not quick just normal

You may have a day of some rebounds on the first day of reduction but itll pass, trust

Drop 100mg a day for 7 days
Repeat until on 0mg.
It will take a while. But if you stick to that you will hardly notice it.
Good luck

This is the exact regime I was put on whilst in rehab.

I've been prescribed, and taking 600 mg per day (300 mg x 2 per day) for 5 years solid, and I didn't even notice the drop.

I may be one of the lucky one's as I've had breaks of 1 week or more with zero pregabs and not noticed any withdrawal symptoms... Yet as for Benzos, I don't feel I'll ever be free. I can taper/withdraw and then go 2-3 months and still be suffering acute withdrawal symptoms.

Anyways, good luck OP ;)

^ as OP mentioned when I get down to say 150./100mg will I struggle an be stuck / crave to up the dosage I've been taking them for 15 months.