• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pregabalin potentiate...?

jamez

Greenlighter
Can anyone advise on how to potentiate Pregabalin (lyrica) ?
I've had a look on Erowid, but didn't really find anything concrete. Does anyone here know any potentiate methods, pharmacutical or otherwise, but avoiding alcohol..? Anyone? :)

Nothing really apart from neurotonin but that works almost the same as pregabalin.

I have taken very large doses of pregabalin before 1000mg-1200mg+ and is very very enjoyable just on its own.

I would NOT advise to take that much at first though, maybe tart about 600-700mg.

Take care.

I think 600mg too high. I'd suggest a first time user take 450mg. Thats a good dose for someone without tolerance. Got me high. Too high and it may just make you feel drunk, its dose dependent. Its good on its own but benzodiazepines and opiates increase the high although it can be said the other way around, pregabalin increases the effects of opiates and benzodiazepines.

although it can be said the other way around, pregabalin increases the effects of opiates and benzodiazepines.

Yeah this is true. I would take pregabalin to potentate opiates but not the other way round, you would be wasting good opiates!

pregabalin is a potent potientiator of GABAergic depressants such as alcohol, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, and similar drugs. due to the fact that pregabalin acts as GABA that enters the brain and CNS, drugs that increase the effect of GABA(alcohol, benzos, barbs, etc.) synergize and are greatly potientiated and can lead to dangerous effects(including possible overdose).

however pregabalin can make a small dose of a benzo much stronger, and also make a weaker, less euphoric benzo(ex. oxazepam) more fun.

Actually, taking a small amount of opiates with Pregabalin can be a great idea because of how well it enhances the experience. It doesn't really potentiate the Pregabalin, more like the other way around, but Pregabalin so GREATLY potentiates opiates, and the opiate enhances the experience so much, it's totally worth trying out.

Gabapentin or Pregabalin with opiates is one of my fave drug combos (Gabapentin a bit more, I think it might potentiate opiates more greatly, Gabapentin + Morphine is like heaven). Either way, this is such a great combo it's really worth trying out, no matter what substance you're seeking to potentiate. You WILL feel like the Pregabalin has been potentiated with the addition of some opiate, simply because it will become much more enjoyable, and the Pregabalin high is kind of opiate-like anyway.

But if you're looking for sheer potentiation, I hear taking it in the morning on an empty stomach and not eating for at least an hour works. And taking the powder out of the capsule might allow you to need less or get a stronger effect from what you've got, like with many drugs. Some like to snort one capsule when they're doing Lyrica (it's a bit much to snort more than one 300 mg) and it seems to work well. Other than that, Gabapentin is the only real potentiator that will allow you to get more fucked up on whatever you're taking, so if you like doing Lyrica but don't care for Gabapentin so much you could keep it around just to potentiate when needed.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies.
I have a reasonable tolerance, and i've been playing around with the 300-600mg mark.
I've certainly noticed that taking them first thing in the morning on an empty stomach makes a huge difference.. The effects virtually disappear after i eat something however. I guess this is why they associate pregabalin with weight-loss.

My curiosty has been stirred however by the mention of potentiating benzo's and opiates... I wonder, would taking some pregabalin with a codeine cwe brew have some potentiate qualities? I'm no stranger to the world of cwe, but as yet i've not tried taking it along side anything else.
Can anyone advise further on this particular avenue?

Thanks for all the replies.
I have a reasonable tolerance, and i've been playing around with the 300-600mg mark.
I've certainly noticed that taking them first thing in the morning on an empty stomach makes a huge difference.. The effects virtually disappear after i eat something however. I guess this is why they associate pregabalin with weight-loss.
They give me the munchies. Weird.

They give me the munchies. Weird.

Interesting. I've always felt a speed-like sensation of not wanting to eat.
I have read wild variations on the effects of pregabalin though... Some say it's like an opiate, other say it's more like an upper. Go figure. Lol. ^_^

I find in higher doses, pregabalin causes some pretty bad tachycardia. Anyone else experience this?

Sometimes, yes. I've found that a small dose of propranolol calms this down though.

lyrica heroin benzos (10 1/2)

it works so well that I've nodded out three times trying to type this on my phone. did 3 bags of dope earlier after taking 900mg of lyrica about ten minutes apart. it was too soon for for the lyrica to potentiate but anyways I was nice and high for about six hours when I decided to do my last bag which a single bag never gets me high but with the lyrica running strong that one bag has me feeling absolute bliss. had a couple clonazepam and a peach Xanax (.5mg alprazolam) which are miniscule amounts of benzo for me but I feel absolutely great. good combo. maybe lyrica opiates is one of the best potentiation combos I've had.

pregabalin is a potent potientiator of GABAergic depressants such as alcohol, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, and similar drugs. due to the fact that pregabalin acts as GABA that enters the brain and CNS, drugs that increase the effect of GABA(alcohol, benzos, barbs, etc.) synergize and are greatly potientiated and can lead to dangerous effects(including possible overdose).

however pregabalin can make a small dose of a benzo much stronger, and also make a weaker, less euphoric benzo(ex. oxazepam) more fun.

This is totally true. I have been taking Lorazepam for some time just to feel "normal" (I have HUGE tolerance to benzos) and 300mg of Pregabalin with 25mg of Lorazepam (5 pills) fucked me pretty nice.