• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pregabalin + Oxycodone

Mayo_Tree

Bluelighter
Today I took 300mg of pregabalin around 12pm. It's now almost 8pm. Is it safe to take oxy?

I've had a glance at the other threads, done the search thing, but I just want to be certain for peace of mind.

I'm thinking since it was so long ago that I took Lyrica, taking oxy should be no problem right?

Btw, this is my first post. Long time lurker, but I finally registered to post, so.... still learning the ropes of how to navigate the site.

Cool, thanks neo.

I have a pretty good tolerance to oxy at this point. Unfortunately, I'm taking large ebough doses (40-80mg at a time) several times a day. I say unfortunate because..... the cash flies away, doesn't it?

*poof* "Its gone, I need more."

Y'all know what I'm talkin 'bout. 😅

It's always best to be safe, like you're being here. I think given your previous experience and your responsible consideration of things, you can probably judge an appropriate dosage. If you're pushing the envelope, be prepared for a more severe intoxication, so like always, don't drive and preferably hang somewhere where you're relatively safe until you know for sure how you're gonna be.

It's always best to be safe, like you're being here. I think given your previous experience and your responsible consideration of things, you can probably judge an appropriate dosage. If you're pushing the envelope, be prepared for a more severe intoxication, so like always, don't drive and preferably hang somewhere where you're relatively safe until you know for sure how you're gonna be.
Thanks Keif'.

Since I have you here, might you weigh in on another problem I'm having, or should I start a new thread?

The problem: I've begun experiencing some harsh anxiety with oxy the last few days. Literally only started a couple days ago. Like, I started being worried about heart-attack, and would get weird sensations in the chest and arm (which is, also, typical of anxiety for me; the somatic are rather common).

As a result, the euphoria seems mostly gone, to be replaced by this weird fear. Am I losing it, worried over nothing, in danger of an actual heart-attack, or just having some sort of anxiety due to tolerance/withdrawal?
My tolerance is pretty up there at this point. I have sometimes been railing 8x40mg's throughout a day. Not much compared to some, which is another reason why it's scaring me.

I'm trying to minimize my doses now, taper down and eventually come off altogether.

Ever heard of anything like this?

Last edited:
@Mayo_Tree pretty fascinating really. I've only encountered this a few times before, but the crazy thing is that this seems to be a potential outcome for Opiate intoxication in certain individuals regardless of their actual intellectual fear about Opioids. They take them and at some sudden moment, the feedback loop starts where they start worrying about not breathing to the point that the fear and anxiety override what should be the effects of the Opiate.

It makes some sense. Maybe some people just have this trigger that some others do not, based upon biology, experience, knowledge or a combination of the three, in which the reduced breathing induced by Opioids kicks in something similar to a fight-or-flight response. So much of this is total speculation, so I don't have an answer or a solution for you, other than that I've heard of it before and that most overdoses are not born out of self-aware situations like this... where you're awake enough to consider things like breathing, anxiety, pain in the arm...

There are many different cases, definitely, but in my experience, most people who overdose are either unconscious or at the very-most half-conscious. I think it's likely just anxiety.

@Mayo_Tree I think it's likely just anxiety.

I think you're probably right. Tonight I got a bit of euphoria back, so I took more to make it worth my while. Was a good night, right up to bed time, when my anxiety got triggered. Had to pop a tiny bit of benzo (a quarter pill of Oxazepam, about 5.0mg..... I'm tapering those as well, lately).