• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pregabalin (lyrica)

Ime very hesitant these days to try new to me meds
Me, too. I always come here to "check" it before consuming. lol
no flakka
Me, either. Always wanted to jokingly try it, though. ;)
This is my "main" pain maintenance med. Also for the head cause it does give me a "lift" in mood.
so no meetings or anything I had to actually do
? What could a meeting do for taking Rx-ed drugs? Do ya'll have to go to pain clinic before getting pregab? PA does. Not even a "pain" med but classified under pain management if taken for pain.

What dose are you gonna go on pregab? As needed for...? They will lose efficacy quickly so use them wisely is my suggestion. Not sure how much ya have but the same dose will likely not feel the same the second time forget about the third. Tolerance bilds quick if used daily or even 2 or three times a week.
So... watching the thread cause I am hoping the pams don't come back to bite the ass and wanna know how this pregabalin turns out to help with the transition.
:)
Peace

Oh I just meant day to day business and therapy, counseling etc.

I'm not used to P yet so I don't want to be doing anything irresponsible.

My script is 75mg 3x per day. So far I've stuck to just 75mg. I've seen no need to take more

I did a few days at .5mg klonopin then stopped cold turkey.

I already had the pregabalin but wanted to ride it out abit and I also wanted to wait to see how it effected me(so no meetings or anything I had to actually do).

Ironically, Ime very hesitant these days to try new to me meds(wasn't much the case when I was 20 and had an RC license. Thankfully I stayed away from most hard drugs. I've only tried certain drugs so I could actually speak on them to clients at the time and know what they were feeling/talking about.

I've done cocaine maybe 5x, crack 1x, opiates maybe 15x(but most was in the hospital due to injury).

I dont like opiates( which is odd because I sporadically use kratom at low doses). I bought a variety pack maybe two years ago and I still have half of it left. Really never went over 2 grams ish(once daily dosing, no redosing)

Remember, I have high functioning aspergers, and drugs etc seem to effect me much differently than some others.

I've never done H, I've never even thought about meth, no flakka, none of that shit.

But I do like occasionally using psychedelics. I've done ibogaine, psilocybin, lsd, ketamine and mdma. But all that besides psilocybin was 15-20 years ago.

That's great that you ended up not having difficulties. I'm really intrigued by your statement regarding your being on the high-end of the spectrum and considering how drugs affect you differently. I'm totally freestyling here, so don't bite my head off, but I have a feeling about addiction, dependence and withdrawal based upon my and others' experiences. I think the connection between the body and the mind is inseparable. I think we often have the illusion of going "inside" our minds when we "think", that we can detach ourselves from our physical experience more or less at will, think, feel, think, feel. For a lot of people, myself included, the high that one might get from Opioids or Benzodiazepines are often associated with the mind. Withdrawal I feel is often experienced more in the physical.

I'm rambling, but I think the reinforcing loop of misery associated with the withdrawal experience could be different for someone with Aspergers for this reason. I'm aware that this might not make any sense, I'm gonna take a chance and hit that post button. I'd love to hear more about your experiences @Endopharm I bet they would be useful to many.

Yes. Find a job you enjoy doing, even if it doesn’t pay well. Find sober friends. Exercise. Eat healthy. Get proper sleep. Drink good coffee. You will eventually find yourself in this positive, rewarding routine that motivates and stimulates you. I would avoid sexual relationships for the time being. Chances are that can end badly and cause depression and/or relapse.

That's great that you ended up not having difficulties. I'm really intrigued by your statement regarding your being on the high-end of the spectrum and considering how drugs affect you differently. I'm totally freestyling here, so don't bite my head off, but I have a feeling about addiction, dependence and withdrawal based upon my and others' experiences. I think the connection between the body and the mind is inseparable. I think we often have the illusion of going "inside" our minds when we "think", that we can detach ourselves from our physical experience more or less at will, think, feel, think, feel. For a lot of people, myself included, the high that one might get from Opioids or Benzodiazepines are often associated with the mind. Withdrawal I feel is often experienced more in the physical.

I'm rambling, but I think the reinforcing loop of misery associated with the withdrawal experience could be different for someone with Aspergers for this reason. I'm aware that this might not make any sense, I'm gonna take a chance and hit that post button. I'd love to hear more about your experiences @Endopharm I bet they would be useful to many.
I'm not sure how to answer this.

My mind just doesnt rest, whatever I do I get to a very high level. I'll work a job, get really really good at it quick, rapid accend to the high ranks and then around 2 years, I dip out. I've learned and taught everything I could and I just move on.

I've been an RNCP, a operator at a world class lumber mill(that sounds insane but the average cut was 300000 board feet per day and I'd do 700000)

I worked in the oilfields, became a safety consultant and worked with insanely rich companies.

I use my engineering ideas and designed a 70, 000 panel solar field.

I've been a HD equipment operator, I've run drills at gold mines,

I've done rediculous shit. The only things that stick with me is nutritional shit, drugs, fishing, hunting, and skateboarding, and music.

Those never leave

I'm not sure how to answer this.

My mind just doesnt rest, whatever I do I get to a very high level. I'll work a job, get really really good at it quick, rapid accend to the high ranks and then around 2 years, I dip out. I've learned and taught everything I could and I just move on.

I've been an RNCP, a operator at a world class lumber mill(that sounds insane but the average cut was 300000 board feet per day and I'd do 700000)

I worked in the oilfields, became a safety consultant and worked with insanely rich companies.

I use my engineering ideas and designed a 70, 000 panel solar field.

I've been a HD equipment operator, I've run drills at gold mines,

I've done rediculous shit. The only things that stick with me is nutritional shit, drugs, fishing, hunting, and skateboarding, and music.

Those never leave

Very cool. Yea, I can see how there isn't a correct way to really give a decisive answer on the subject. I was just curious to know more about you and your life based upon what you've been talking about.

I'm being very broad here, so forgive me, but most addicts that I know are either off or on in terms of their addiction. Functional addictioin is more often a matter of time as opposed to someone "mastering" the drug. As an addict myself, I tend to ask myself stupid fanciful questions like: If I were Bill Gates and had billions, how would I get why, where and with whom. Then you realize, if drugs were someone's motivation, they never would have become a billionaire in the first place. If any of this makes sense, I just find it interesting to probe the motivations and behaviors that we all share.