• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pregabalin ( Lyrica ) and Alprazolam ( Xanax) enlightment?

delphinen

Bluelighter
I'll make this short. I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder II w/convulsions a year ago, I don't know if a thing like BP II even exist or was made up to sell pills by some people, but that's not the point of this thread.

Yesterday I did take 500mg of Pregabalin with a full stomach, and after an hour or hour and half, I did consume 10mg of Alprazolam. If anyone remembers my history threads/posts, would know that I really don't like Alprazolam, I feel it acts too fast, and it only makes me sleepy, no euphoria at all, kinda like taking Carisoprodol, it's very nice, but it only makes you want to go to bed and sleep. For many hours.

Well, half an hour/one hour after taking the 10mg Alprazolam (enhanced is the word?, anyway, powered by all the Pregabalin I had taken before) I began to feel light head, with a little headache, I even felt my chest calmer, I don't want to say my heart calmer because I don't know if you can "feel" that.
I then decided to eat some chocolate cookies with Cappuccino (a "brand" of Italian coffee it's very popular here in Argentina that mixes some kind of chocolate with coffee). Even after taking all that, I had to go to sleep one hour after the intake of that food.

I slept like a rock. Dreamless, pure sleep. Fast falling sleep, and I slept from 8 pm to 5 am, not as brutal as if I had taken Carisoprodol.

Now the point why I made this thread. I woke up very euphoric, with ideas about improving my life, listening to music with my earphones passed a lot faster than usual, I feel positive, with a very, very good mood- which makes me wonder, if the half life of Alprazolam is 4~6 hours, it should be close to be out of my system (although I didn't go to the bathroom so it's still in my bloodstream? I have no idea guys); my theory is that, because I had a really full stomach when I did consume the 500mg of Pregabalin/Lyrica, because it took easily 3~6 hours for my digestive system to process the food, it delayed not only the Pregabalin, but the Alprazolam, and that's because I feel the euphoria now after waking up.
I think this is the first time I feel the legendary euphoria that Alprazolam is suppossed to give. I still another have another 15mg Alprazolam and a lot of Pregabalin left, so I may try to take this on an empty stomach today.

Just wanted your opinion on the whole thing about full stomach and the euphoria given by Alprazolam. And by the way, I have a very high tolerance benzos.

You must have a high tolerance if you can remember what happened LOL I'd be blacked out at like 6 mg

You must have a high tolerance if you can remember what happened LOL I'd be blacked out at like 6 mg

Well,yes, I have high tolerance, but potentiating the Alprazolam with the Pregabalin / Lyrica.. I cannot stop feeling sleepy god damn it. This is very weird, the Alprazolam metabolite isn't supposed to last so much... I really would like someone with higher knowledge than me to investigate the interactions with this two drugs.

I believe many stars have used sedatives not for recreational effects but for the effects after they get some sleep. Michael jackson comes to mind. Not gunna lie i get annoyed when everynight im upagain. But it didnt go well for him.

Diagnosed W/Bipolar disorder, script calls for 300mgs x 2/day pregablin.also a personality disorder stopped taking it a while back & for 5 days been gobbling 750 mgs. a day/w 4 percs, & some Real good Afghani.hash,on an empty stomach,once the meds.are in my system I eat. keeps me going with a real nice buzz, All day! I read here that the tolerance builds rather quickly. sleep has been really hard with only about 17hrs. since wed./Lst. wk. guess I will go till it stops. Not doing the Michael Jackson Thing!

I have Tolerance with lyrica been taking it for a couple years...... I took 800 mg lyrica wondering if 0.5 then Xanax or a 1 mg xanax would be fine?

Alprazolam... Goddamn. Xans became a hit recently in the rap scene with kids doing it af. A pathetic yet ofc famouse kid self named Lil Xan even... Meanwhile the 180º Lil peep, an amazing artist died at 20 from buying them laced with fentanyl from some cunt who's in court. Point is he took them daily and for some reason... And to me, even since the start it's just a benzo... Relax\sleepy.
I want that euphoria some seem to get. Maybe it's down to metabolism.
PS: i have xans, i have THREE boxes of 2mg long release xans. No one to sell them to. I pop em before bed sometimes...

I have Tolerance with lyrica been taking it for a couple years...... I took 800 mg lyrica wondering if 0.5 then Xanax or a 1 mg xanax would be fine?
You shouldn't have an issue taking this with a tolerance, but the combo is not particularly great, but better than eating a load of benzos. careful with doses that are higher than 500mg, i have i suppose you can say extensive experience with gabapentinoids and Tolerance develops extraordinarily fast. infact tolerance develops so fast it's a joke, you'll go from 800 to 1200, to 1600 to 22 :/

The pregabalin will have caused most of those effects. I've been scripted pregabalin and I know for sure if I take it before I sleep, I will wake up feeling it very strongly.

Benzos do potentiate pregabalin too, but obviously you should be using far lower doses because 10mg alprazolam is nuts. 0.5-1mg alprazolam should be fine yes, but do note if you make a habit of dosing alprazolam frequently, even at low doses, you will develop tolerance and dependence as with any prolonged benzo use.

Same goes for pregabalin. Tolerance and dependence to that builds up very fast too.

it's the pregabalin. It's proven that it increase slow brain wave sleep. Also, it's euphoric by it's nature, pregabalin is so underrated I can't understand, way more euphoric than benzos could ever be.

It might just be a touch of hypomania instead of drug effects. I’m also bipolar, so I know how that can feel like a high. I don’t think Xans have that long of a half-life even with a full stomach. Anyway, glad you’re having a euphoric day.