• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

pregabalin/gabapentin

dynodavie

Bluelighter
so i used pregabalin on my dr advice i would use it at about 300 mg a day and would use it 3 days a week then take a break every week for 4 days so last week i decided to go ahead and kick my habit to oxycodone 2 to 300mg a day habit and am now again on day 10 no oxy and i used pregabalin @300mg for 6 days straight to get me past the oxy withdrawal then i stopped the pregabalin and like almost 3 days since last dose i started having hot flashes and anxiety real bad and i'm guessing i'm having some kind of pregabalin withdraw so i went ahead took 200 mg pregabalin and feel way better im feeling good about my 10 going on 11 days off of oxy but i was under the impression that i would have to be on high dose pregabalin for a long time like at least a couple weeks straight before id have to worry about withdrawal and i didn't come close to using pregabalin that long in a row but here i am, does anyone on here know if i quit pregabalin again about how long withdrawal from pregabalin would before a person that really don't use it all the time or if a painless taper exist ?

gabapentinoids, including pregabalin, have a stupid effect to withdrawal ratio. if you have a history of using them, six days can certainly result is some withdrawal. mild, even though it never feels that way while you're in it. you took 200mgs today? if it was me, i'd take 50 to 100mg tomorrow and then be done. that won't be painless, but it won't last long and fuck drawing it out over only six days of use.

congrats on kicking the oxy.