• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Pregabalin dependency

Jungo871

Bluelighter
I have been taking pregabalin high dose, between 600mg+ a day for a few weeks. Am I risk of becoming dependent, or does it take months to get it? I also take phenibut quite regularly and prescribed diazepam. I am scared to stop, as I have came off phenibut before and been ill for 10 days, the diazepam does nothing to help, I had to take a zopiclone in the morning, which helped, but still felt on edge.

Considering you take phenibut "quite regularly", I think you are high risk for dependence and should stop now, and be prepared for withdrawals. The good news is, phenibut will totally substitute for pregabalin, and phenibut is one of the easier drugs to taper I have been addicted to. Though it's a long, slow process.

Even if you didn't take phenibut often, I would be concerned about dependence. It's possible you won't experience any, but I would be prepared for it, for sure.

For me kratom substituted for 600mg/d pregabalin. Without it I'd get narcotic like withdrawal syndrome (although I got similar from stopping venlafaxine, it's pretty generic symptoms like yawning, tension, restlessness, dysphoria, diarrhea etc) but with 5+g kratom a day (might be half of that for you even) I could just stop pregabalin and nothing really happened besides some side effects fading away. If you only use kratom for some weeks, quitting it will be flawless. I don't know how typical this is though, maybe it doesn't work for everybody.

Considering you take phenibut "quite regularly", I think you are high risk for dependence and should stop now, and be prepared for withdrawals. The good news is, phenibut will totally substitute for pregabalin, and phenibut is one of the easier drugs to taper I have been addicted to. Though it's a long, slow process.

Even if you didn't take phenibut often, I would be concerned about dependence. It's possible you won't experience any, but I would be prepared for it, for sure.
Last time I stopped phenibut I had electric type shocks, mainly hands and feet. Waking up early couldn't get back to sleep, when I was abusing it, like 4gs a day for months on end, insomnia and felt like stopping drink. Nasty stuff and now I've been abusing it daily at way lower doses, like 1.5gs a day to 2.5g, and for a week or 2 hopefully some kratom could help. I have been taking pregabalin 600mg+ a day expecting WDs.

For me kratom substituted for 600mg/d pregabalin. Without it I'd get narcotic like withdrawal syndrome (although I got similar from stopping venlafaxine, it's pretty generic symptoms like yawning, tension, restlessness, dysphoria, diarrhea etc) but with 5+g kratom a day (might be half of that for you even) I could just stop pregabalin and nothing really happened besides some side effects fading away. If you only use kratom for some weeks, quitting it will be flawless. I don't know how typical this is though, maybe it doesn't work for everybody.
I've been getting that before taking my pregabalin dosage. I take kratom regularly too. Its been a miracle drug for me, helpedcmy OCD and made me feel normal again. Sometimes I take it 3x a day with 2 teaspoons a day. Need to buy some more phenibut , pregabalin and kratom and try and taper along with kratom. Don't mind being addicted to that, as it helps me so rather take that than the other stuff. Maybe 5-10g a day depending on what I feel like.