• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Pregabalin- anyone else take higher doses of lyrica?

Zonxx

Bluelighter
Just curious if anyone else enjoys large doses of pregabalin, i tend to take 375-500mg with my opiates now and it adds a significant edge to them

High doses of gabapentin or Lyrica I find highly dysphoric and uncomfortable. Sure, when I take NO more then 800mg of gabapentin I feel nice, anything more is highly uncomfortable, comparing it to crawling in my skin. Same concept for Lyrica, anything more then 150mg is not enjoyable. These are low grade last resort drugs. Now all of a sudden all these idiots in society wanna go through a "Gabby frenzy" and suddenly they have a street value..when I was taking gabapentin back in 2008 I was considered a feign for enjoying such a cheap drug, but of course if one role model does it everyone wants to ride there dick and copy

Wow you're really sensitive to lyrica and gabapentin. Less than 900mg of gabapentin I don't really even feel, I mean I do but it's very subtle. Even when I had never taken it before. 300mg of pregabalin was awesome for me, less didn't really get me there. Personally I love gabapentin (phenibut even moreso but gabapentin is lower in side effects). I like gabapentin WAYYYY more than benzos for example, benzos to me are the least recreational drug class that is commonly used.

My theory is that ion channel blockers (gabapentinoids like gabapentin, lyrica and phenibut) behave a lot differently for different people. Some people really don't seem to enjoy them or get much from them. Some people love them. For me, phenibut is in my top 3 to 5 drugs of all time, and gabepentin is not as good but still really good. I prefer it to most other drugs I've tried.

Your mileage may vary... what is true for you might not be true for others.

I have ordered phenibut online and have enjoyed it. A lot of people compare high dose gabapentin to be similar to MDMA, me personally I never experienced this. Not only have I heard stories about this, I have had different conversations with a few people who have stated that same exact thing. If I had to pick between gabapentin or Lyrica i would pick lyrica for anxiety relief, I had taken 75mg before and it felt almost identical to let's say 10mg of valium or 1mg of Xanax. Anything more then 150mg leaves me feeling very uncomfortable, feel like electricity is flowing through my body and zapping me. Gabapentin doesn't so much relax me like Lyrica does though. Gabapentin feels more intoxicating in a dirtier way compared to Lyricas cleaner feeling. Don't get me wrong gabapentin is pleasant

Just curious if anyone else enjoys large doses of pregabalin, ...
I do. Can get drunk and not have a drop. 250-350mg is enough to get me feelin' decent without too much coordination issues.
Recently I acquired some that I thought were 150mg but turns out they 300mg and I was wondering how 250mg (really ~500mg) put me to sleep for 18 hrs.
I rarely mess with it as I like it and will not go to work for a week etc... just chill and enjoy the ride....

Wow you're really sensitive to lyrica and gabapentin. Less than 900mg of gabapentin I don't really even feel, I mean I do but it's very subtle. Even when I had never taken it before. 300mg of pregabalin was awesome for me, less didn't really get me there. Personally I love gabapentin (phenibut even moreso but gabapentin is lower in side effects). I like gabapentin WAYYYY more than benzos for example, benzos to me are the least recreational drug class that is commonly used.

My theory is that ion channel blockers (gabapentinoids like gabapentin, lyrica and phenibut) behave a lot differently for different people. Some people really don't seem to enjoy them or get much from them. Some people love them. For me, phenibut is in my top 3 to 5 drugs of all time, and gabepentin is not as good but still really good. I prefer it to most other drugs I've tried.

Your mileage may vary... what is true for you might not be true for others.

This must be true. I am a huge fan of gabapentin both recreationally and medicinally.

I was so excited to try phenibut thinking it would be even better (with the additional mechanism(s) of action).

I’ve had a few amazing phenibut highs out of dozens of uses. All the rest have been at best unremarkable and, in some cases, completely unpleasant ( a scatter-brained depersonalization Akin to meth after the fun has worn off: makes me think phenibut bonds to TAAR receptors).

I also have extensive backdown experience. Pure gabaB rather than calcium channels but still a far more recreational drug than phenibut (in very high doses of baclofen only).

just my personal exp but i had a good time of a combo of gabbies, benzos and tramadol together, yes i know its not safe but i read up about it a lot and then tried it one day and can say it was a nice euphoric nod the whole day.

I also have extensive backdown experience. Pure gabaB rather than calcium channels but still a far more recreational drug than phenibut (in very high doses of baclofen only).

For me it's the opposite, phenibut is almost godlike in its effects, one of the best drugs there is. I have learned to dose it right and every single time it's the best thing ever (I mean not THE BEST but it's amazing). Whereas I hate baclofen. If I take 40mg it starts to feel uncomfortable. One time I took 60mg and felt like I was burning up on the inside for 2 days, I had a light fever and felt like absolute ass, I didn't want to move, it was so awful.

I took once 600mg at once. All it did was to knock me out for hours and when I woke up I felt all wobbly as if I was drunk but feeling perfectly sober.

I can't say I felt euphoric but then maybe it wasn't a high enough dosage, considering I am not petite.

Now here in the UK it's been scheduled so can't get it prescribed privately online anymore. I was using it for neuropathic pain due to sciatica.

I have taken gabapentin on its own at a maximum dose of 3300mg and i felt super awesome, no passing out but felt super high and euphoric and happy. Added one beer later that night and then it was beddy bye time

Interesting replies, i assumed thered be more than me, glad im not the only one, i started with 125-275 but now i take ( think tolerance :/) between 275-700 the one time i took it with coke though... i ate about 1200-1500mg... i genuinely passed out while on coke as soon as they kicked in woke up an hr later barely able to walk in a straight line, and no amount of coke could ' sober ' me up even tho i felt 100% sober

Interesting replies, i assumed thered be more than me, glad im not the only one, i started with 125-275 but now i take ( think tolerance :/) between 275-700 the one time i took it with coke though... i ate about 1200-1500mg... i genuinely passed out while on coke as soon as they kicked in woke up an hr later barely able to walk in a straight line, and no amount of coke could ' sober ' me up even tho i felt 100% sober
sorry just to make sure i understand correctly, but the pregablin made you pass out but at the same time the coke kept you awake?

I've taken 1600 +mg many, many times.
That's 11 150mg tabs within a 24 hour period.
Completely hastily, thoughtless and stupid.
I class myself as an extremist; nothing to brag about, but with any drug, I tend to go hard or go home, as the saying goes.
It's a freaky, weird, high. Not at all pleasant... in high doses, anyway. But an escape from reality nonetheless ? Lower doses of 300-450 can be sweet.
I'm trying to wean now. I'm currently taking 450mg per day and all of the dumb (this drug makes you dumb.. you forget how to form sentences, lose your train of thought etc/ high) side effects have gone.
My battle with persistent, acture anxiety and depression has significantly improved thigh m though... I've tired so many meds in the past and Pregabalin is the ONLY one that has virtually ridden every fucked up feeling I've ever had.
I'm slowly weaning from 600mg plus a hat m day to 450... hope to reach that within a week and then see how 300mg per day works for me.

Last edited:
For me it's the opposite, phenibut is almost godlike in its effects, one of the best drugs there is. I have learned to dose it right and every single time it's the best thing ever (I mean not THE BEST but it's amazing). Whereas I hate baclofen. If I take 40mg it starts to feel uncomfortable. One time I took 60mg and felt like I was burning up on the inside for 2 days, I had a light fever and felt like absolute ass, I didn't want to move, it was so awful.

It’s experiences like yours that made me very excited to try phenibut. I’ve gone up and down the downing range and the effects are so unpredictable. Like whether or not I’ll get full effects or whether or not the effects will be positive or negative.

Now I take 2 mg kpin (illicit, not rx) daily, I don’t know if that impacts my experience with phenibut (also on 140 mg methadone, use h and crack and have about 3 drinks daily).

I think the crack changes the character of other drugs I ingest more than anything honestly.

My experiences with baclofen ate largely the same as you describe, however, I found it to be pleasant. A feeling of being impaired, heaviness, a “buzzing”sensation. Made me quite sick at times and I still enjoyed the experiences (only drug I can think of where throwing up didn’t ruin the experience). I was on high Valium doses at that time (rx, 60-120 mg). Maybe a factor.

It’s experiences like yours that made me very excited to try phenibut. I’ve gone up and down the downing range and the effects are so unpredictable. Like whether or not I’ll get full effects or whether or not the effects will be positive or negative.

Now I take 2 mg kpin (illicit, not rx) daily, I don’t know if that impacts my experience with phenibut (also on 140 mg methadone, use h and crack and have about 3 drinks daily).

I think the crack changes the character of other drugs I ingest more than anything honestly.

My experiences with baclofen ate largely the same as you describe, however, I found it to be pleasant. A feeling of being impaired, heaviness, a “buzzing”sensation. Made me quite sick at times and I still enjoyed the experiences (only drug I can think of where throwing up didn’t ruin the experience). I was on high Valium doses at that time (rx, 60-120 mg). Maybe a factor.

Are you able to moderate your crack use pretty well? You smoke it daily? In what kind of quantities?

Phenibut has never been recreational for me (i take 3.75g a day currently). I only started using to sleep after not sleeping for months after quiting gabapentin. Pregabalin can be quite euphoric. 900mg was my dose, it was pretty great, the hypomanic nihilism and empathogenic qualities were pretty sweet. Occasionally I feel a tinge of something from the phenibut, but its never great. I want to discontinue the phenibut.

Everyone, we are not here to discuss the recreational value or fun of drugs. That is not at all what we are about here in the Harm Reduction forums. This place is seriously falling apart. There are plenty of other places where one can find information of this nature, but we are a dedicated Harm Reduction sub-forum in a larger organism, itself dedicated to Harm Reduction. Before you decide to get upset with me for what I'm saying, please read the forum guidelines.

Do you want this place to be a place of academic discussion and life-saving information that is fine, but please stop with all of the recreational stuff. This is taking up vital space on our front page, which at any moment could be actively excluding a position required by a member, him or herself requiring life-saving/extending information. Please consider this before posting or creating more threads.

Also, what the hell are we supposed to say to "hey has anybody ever?". Asking people if they life or have experienced drugs is not written into our forum guidelines.

sorry just to make sure i understand correctly, but the pregablin made you pass out but at the same time the coke kept you awake?
Nah i meant it made me pass out even though i was high af on coke, which is crazy, ive taken barbituates on coke and havent fallen asleep

Everyone, we are not here to discuss the recreational value or fun of drugs. That is not at all what we are about here in the Harm Reduction forums. This place is seriously falling apart. There are plenty of other places where one can find information of this nature, but we are a dedicated Harm Reduction sub-forum in a larger organism, itself dedicated to Harm Reduction. Before you decide to get upset with me for what I'm saying, please read the forum guidelines.

Do you want this place to be a place of academic discussion and life-saving information that is fine, but please stop with all of the recreational stuff. This is taking up vital space on our front page, which at any moment could be actively excluding a position required by a member, him or herself requiring life-saving/extending information. Please consider this before posting or creating more threads.

Also, what the hell are we supposed to say to "hey has anybody ever?". Asking people if they life or have experienced drugs is not written into our forum guidelines.
so to sincerely and not being rude to reply kk, i asked this on the basis of harm reduction due to the fact i recently started taking higher doses of 300-600 so i wanted to ensure its SAFE because somtimes itll make me abit wobbly thus hearing or rather reading other experiences i feel is what this harm reduction board is about, you are right on the 'fun' side of things but not everyone is seeking to find fun replies etc im curious what this drug is doing to me as im taking it regularly
-Zonxx

I've taken 1600 +mg many, many times.
That's 11 150mg tabs within a 24 hour period.
Completely hastily, thoughtless and stupid.
I class myself as an extremist; nothing to brag about, but with any drug, I tend to go hard or go home, as the saying goes.
It's a freaky, weird, high. Not at all pleasant... in high doses, anyway. But an escape from reality nonetheless ? Lower doses of 300-450 can be sweet.
I'm trying to wean now. I'm currently taking 450mg per day and all of the dumb (this drug makes you dumb.. you forget how to form sentences, lose your train of thought etc/ high) side effects have gone.
My battle with persistent, acture anxiety and depression has significantly improved thigh m though... I've tired so many meds in the past and Pregabalin is the ONLY one that has virtually ridden every fucked up feeling I've ever had.
I'm slowly weaning from 600mg plus a hat m day to 450... hope to reach that within a week and then see how 300mg per day works for me.
Man the train of thought thing... since im newer to daily taking higher doses.. i thought it was my opiates the whole time =p

Are you able to moderate your crack use pretty well? You smoke it daily? In what kind of quantities?

Phenibut has never been recreational for me (i take 3.75g a day currently). I only started using to sleep after not sleeping for months after quiting gabapentin. Pregabalin can be quite euphoric. 900mg was my dose, it was pretty great, the hypomanic nihilism and empathogenic qualities were pretty sweet. Occasionally I feel a tinge of something from the phenibut, but its never great. I want to discontinue the phenibut.

It took a very long time (about 3 years) and a citation for smoking on the street before I had any control of my crack use. I have used daily for years now (maybe a day or two off every six months of I’m out of town).

I’m gainfully employed in a professional setting so I keep it below $20/<.5g on the weekdays but my weekend use is still on the higher end $80/2g.

For me, gabapentin withdrawal only lasted a week when I stopped (from 2.7 g with a decent amount of tapering). I was sleeping fine after that. Was not on anything at the time but 144 mg loperamide.

I was briefly addicted to phenibut. I kept taking it trying to chase the few good experiences. Never had a scale to actually measure the doses. But I assume around 3g typically. Got through the withdrawal easily. I kept waiting for it to get “bad” but it never did. Was over within a week.1

Lyrica is at the very top of my drugs to try list. It’s interesting how differently everyone reacts to gabergenics (e.g. different effects from gabapentin and phenibut, propensity for a person to become an alcoholic or abuse alcohol, different preferences in benzos, etc.).

I find z-drugs to be supremely recreational (and no, they do t make me “trip”); I’ve never heard anyone agree with me on that.