• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pregabalin and alcohol

jdizzle94365

Greenlighter
Hi peeps, just a quick one.
I?m prescribed pregabalin (lyrica) for anxiety. i take 75mg twice a day. I?m off out drinking all day/night on saturday.
I normally get a bag of half decent coke but in the last few years i get extremely paranoid and think i?m going to have heart attack and don?t even get me started on trying to get to sleep.
Anyone any idea if i can take a bit of pregabalin with the beers and get a buzz, i here a few people on here saying it goes well together?
I just don?t know if it is dangerous to mix the 2 and if it?s even worth doing.

Hi jd and Welcome to BL :)

So we don't really advise people on good combos, best mixes or how to get the best buzz threads. As far as mixing the two: both are CNS depressants and will have a synergistic effect that will increase sedation but not always in a way one might consider desirable.

Often it's accompanied by nausea, incoordination/ ataxia, headache and a general feeling of malaise. So the answer would be yes, it's dangerous and not worth doing. I'd use your Lyrica as directed but skip your evening dose if you plan on going out for a night of drinking. Stay Safe

Not a great combo makes you very sedated, unco-ordinated, somewhat confused. If you are relatively new to PG then skip the alcohol, or the doses of PG on the day you are drinking.
On the plus side great for hangovers, so just use it the following day as prescribed.

I'd be very careful how much you drink. I used to drink all day every day and one day a friend gave me a 300mg Pregabalin. I do not normally take it. Anyway, I was just "maintaining" that day (drinking enough alcohol to avoid any withdrawal but not enough to get properly drunk). Nothing happened for 2-3 hours and then I pretty much lost all muscle control. I couldn't even sit up straight without rolling all over. I know that scenario is the reverse of yours but I'm thinking they're a bad mix.

I would personally advised against the practice. I get that you're not using the Pregabalin (Lyrica) in a "recreational" fashion (folks take grams of the stuff at a time), but it still will probably contribute to increased confusion and an enhanced effect from the Alcohol. It's never good to be out in public too fucked up to get home. Take it from Keif' guys. Everyone talks about how fun jail is, but it's really not as fun as they say :(