View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Preconceptions of Tripping vs Reality

zzirgrizz

Greenlighter
I am just curious to hear about the differences between your psychedelic experiences on anything and how different the effects and experience was from how you imagined. I remember before I took LSD for the first time, my idea of what the visuals were like was completely different from how they actually were.

I personally don't even think you can have any true preconceptions that will be that accurate except unless maybe if someone takes the time to explain the similarity of the expansion feeling MJ can provide as well as light CEVs and for some of when eaten actual OEVs. Nothing else really feels like tripping and they say, "You don't truly know until you know!"! I mean I had my own ideas about what it might be like from doin DXM before but none of them were really accurate or anything.

The first time I tripped I was in no way prepared for the thought loops, mindfuck, or any of that. I thought I would have a "buzz" and see shit. The mental effects are hard to describe or explain to a virgin and I think are usually what's responsible for so called bad trips.