• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

precise measurement of etizolam powder (without micro scales)

dopemegently

Bluelighter
I've recently ordered some etizolam. The only catch is that it's in a powder, not tablet, form. (I brought it because it's ridiculously cheap compared to tablets.) Obviously, this is a very strong drug; I could quite easily take a fatal overdose if I can't find a way to dose this powder correctly. As the title says, I have no microscale, and no intention to buy one.

I think I've hit on a decent solution to accurately and safely dose this stuff based on a bluelighters advice: "volumetric dosing".

Right now, my line of thinking is to fill a sterile bottle with exactly 100ml of liquid, mixing my 100mg of etizolam powder; I can then dose my etiz using either a syringe or a 1ml pipette. My original idea was to simply use purified water, however the guy who gave me this idea tells me that etizolam isn't soluble in water; he suggested I use propylene glycol. I'm not sure exactly what this chemical is, and whether or not it's toxic: I think his intention was to drop the solution onto a paper blotter one ml at a time, allowing it to evaporate.

It's a great idea, the only thing is I'd rather avoid this final step involving evaporation; I'd simply want a non toxic liquid I can ingest directly.

So my question is: Is there a non-toxic liquid in which etizolam powder is soluble that I can ingest directly? I have little to no chemistry training, so I'm looking for something as simple as possible. Also, if my volumetric dosing idea is bad, I would really appreciate any other solutions to my problem (which don't involve using a microscale).

With propylene glycol I was intending it for storage in solution because propylene glycol doesn't readily evaporate like ethanol does.
If you were laying blotter than you could do it with ethanol and then the ethanol would soak into the blotter and then evaporate leaving the etiz dosed evenly on the sheet.
This is not practical for you however.
Propylene glycol is used often as a preservative in food products
The LD50 for lab animals is about 20mL/kg, so even if you used 50 or 25 ml with an accurate enough syringe you could take a half or a quarter of a mL per 1mg dose, and the world health organization says acceptable dietary intake is about 25mg/kg so using a quarter mL per dose would put you well under this range
Ethanol would work as long as you made sure you kept your bottle sealed and marked your levels so you would know when some evaporated out

Thanks a lot for the clarification, Holy Toast; it seems to me that propylene glycol would be perfect for my needs (I just wasn't entirely sure exactly what it is). Right now, I'm tripping my head off on 15 hbwr seeds I took 2 hours ago (and battling severe nausea btw) -calculating a safe amount of PG to take per kg of body weight would fry my head right now, so I'll work on that later. I do have one more question: could I mix in the correct amount of PG with etiz, and then add water to reach my 100ml mark?

im not sure if water will mix properly in the PG. PG400 is the most commonly used in these situations if memory serves right. though PG1200 is ringing a bell for some reason. so just double check which is the better for human consumption.

youve the right idea though, disregarding the appropriate scales.

Thanks a lot for the clarification, Holy Toast; it seems to me that propylene glycol would be perfect for my needs (I just wasn't entirely sure exactly what it is). Right now, I'm tripping my head off on 15 hbwr seeds I took 2 hours ago (and battling severe nausea btw) -calculating a safe amount of PG to take per kg of body weight would fry my head right now, so I'll work on that later. I do have one more question: could I mix in the correct amount of PG with etiz, and then add water to reach my 100ml mark?
No, if you want to reach your hundred mL mark then you will have to use all PG, a precipitate could form or it could form layers.
Depending on the size of syringe you could get ones that read half a mL or a quarter mL.
Say you're 70kg, 25mg/kg would place you at 1,750 mg per day.
One mL of PG is approximately 970mg I believe, slightly lighter than water.

Yeah, I've worked it out now I'm clear-headed, and using pure pg seems fine to me. (I got the etizolam today btw: it's shocking how small 100mgs really is! Weighting it would be impossible.) I was thinking of just cutting it with lactose; does that sound like a terrible idea?

Also, would the drug degrade over time in PG?

It's stability in solution is the part I'm not sure of.
And while cutting with another powder may seem like a good idea, it's very easy to end up with hot spots if you don't mix well enough or if you choose a powder that is has different physical properties than that of etiz.
IIRC even just slight differences could have you etiz tend to be distributed near either the top or bottom of your mixture
My etiz source does it with capping their pills and it works well, but it must be done right.
And they have to do it well because they also sell phenazepam caps and no one has complained about multi day blackouts from their phen.

Yeah, there is just so little hard data on this drugs solubility and durability in any kind of liquid.(It just seems risky to me, also I'm having trouble sourcing PG, and I need to store it long-term). Right now, I'm thinking it would be far simpler to sterilize and polish a mirror, light it well with a high-intensity light source, and use a brand new razor to cut it with lactose or some other inert powder. If I'm highly methodical and spend enough time on cutting it well (I've cut quite a lot of coke-that's what gave me the idea), and then periodicaly shake it's container hard, I could hopefully avoid hotspots.

I'd use either 25 or 50mg of bulker to 1mg of etizolam (I have accurate measuring scoops). As you say though, the bitchy part will be finding a bulker with similar properties. I believe sodium bicarb is used to fill some tablets; I wonder if that would be a suitable powder? What I need to do now is find out the common filler used in capsules, if there is one. The etizolam does strongly resemble the appearance of sodium bicarb btw.

Edit: I could also dye my bulker with food colouring-that could help me visually confirm my cut is good.

Last edited:
But with cocaine you wouldn't notice a hotspot.
A hotspot of plus or minus 4 mg isn't significant with cocaine, but with etiz it definitely can be.
Yea sodium bicarbonate might be useful, and dying could definitely be too.
I always wondered why my etiz source had the powder inside be either blue or green but perhaps that's why.
You can give it a shot if you want, but as well think of the powder which will stick to the sides of the container, etiz might whereas lactose or sodium bicarb might not
PG can be bought online extremely easy

etizolam powder!

the 1mg usually blu an 2mg pinky red! diclazepam are 1mg green 2mg purple!
8(

I took a risk and cut it...I dyed the sodium bicarb blue and spent like 2 hours grinding, cutting and mixing. You're right about a hotspot being riskier with such a strong drug; luckily, the final product doesn't stick to the snap-lock bag whatsoever-I can tap it and shake it regularly to (hopefully) avoid any hotspots.

I took one 50mg dose (with 2 mg etiz), and I have to say it feels exactly like 2mg of etizolam. Interestingly, the drug took effect rapidly within 15 minutes (the pills could take around 30.) Also, they feel much more euphoric than my Intas etizolam, for some reason.

It was a risk buying such a strong drug in powder form, but I took every precaution. It was a lot more work than using tablets for sure...I think I'll use PG next time.

Intas supposedly doesn't care to much about getting exactly 1mg in there pills, I read in a different thread today their standards are at least 70% of the advertised dose

I got Intas tabs last time I'd heard they were the real deal, but I have to say my diy caps are more pronounced in effects at a third of the price. Oh yeah, I put my cut under a magnifying glass, and my drug seemed perfectly distributed with my blue powder, and a second pill yielded consistent effects. I think bicarb is a great cutting agent: it's "clingy", and quite absorbant and shouldn't degrade my etiz at all. Overall, I'd say cutting is an effective alternative to volumetric dosing. Of course spillage is always a risk, but no way did I lose 30%.

Apparently, some vendors are carrying an indian etiz called "Etaas Pharmaceutical"-I'm quite curious about these, although the Intas were pretty disapointing to me. 30% less is pretty unacceptable considering the price they cost.