• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Precipitated withdrawl possibility when your use is low

alm423

Greenlighter
Hi! I am new to the forums. I have been reading for years, but did not join until today. I contribute this site to, frankly, me not dying in the height of my drug addiction by checking the site to make sure what I was doing was safe (as safe as a drug addiction can be). I was on any prescription pain killer I could get my hands on for about four years. It started after a really bad 3rd c-section where the doctor kept handing them out and I got hooked. They made me happy, feel like I was super woman and super mom. Without them I was a depressed, worthless mess. I ended up going to rehab, was good for about two months, and relapsed. After another year I decided to try suboxone. I had bought it on the streets if I couldn't find anything else and I thought it might help get me off drugs. I was not taking a lot of pills for a couple reasons: I could not get my hands on more then 50-70 mg of hydro or oxy per day, expense, and my husband did all the foot work for me and he hated it (I think he did this to keep me happy so I would not make him help with kids, housework, or get a job since I am the breadwinner). Anyway, I have been on suboxone for six months now. Every script I manage to take too much. Maybe it's abuse of my medication, but I don't feel okay with the amount the doctor prescribes (4mg three times a day) so I run out about a week early every time. This go around I got my hands on some 10 mg hydro. I have been taking it for four days. This morning at 11:30 I took 15 mg. I should have my sub script by 5:00 and would like to take it but fear precipitated withdrawl. I can't afford that to happen. Given that it's such a low amount of hydro do I need to even worry about it? I have never gone into PW before so I don't know what it's like. Can I just take it or do I need to wait until tomorrow? If I take it and do go into PW how long does it last? Thank you so much for reading!!!!

You should be fine with that low of a dose, but i would push your suboxone dose as late as you possibly can just to make sure. They always say not to take your suboxone until youre in withdrawals already, so once you begin to really feel the withdrawal, go ahead and take it.

If you take it and do get PW, then it may last up to 24 hours, but i dont think that would happen with such a low dose (assuming your tolerance is much higher than what 15mg can cover)

While you might not get horrible PWD's, feeling uncomfortable for awhile would not be that strange. As HH said the more time you put in between the two the better. If you do feel ill it might take another days worth to straighten out and get back to baseline. Just don't expect them to come or every sneeze and ache will be suspected of being PWD's.

Hi there, please don't take the subs until you have gone at least 12-24h without the hydro and are in moderate-severe withdrawals. It's really not worth the pain.