• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Precipitated withdrawal on second dose

Fuuckraymond

Greenlighter
can anyone help me figure out my situation? I'm currently hooked on h, have been for 2 years now. And I know about p/w and how it works in the sense of using bupe too early into wd. Last night I waited 12 hrs after my last dose to do a sub, it was an 8 mg suboxone strip. I did about 2 mg bupe induced intravenously, I have experienced pw before but this was on another level. I was retarded sick for about an hour and was able to pass out only because i was up for 3 days prior. This morning I woke up feeling ok, and it's now been almost 13 hrs since that last shot of bupe. I'm trying to kick the h and use subs to help me get off it. So.. since I did the bupe and went thru withdrawals, the real question now is, am I able to take another shot/sublingual dose without going thru pw again? Since the h on my receptors has been replaced by bupe and now the bupe is wearing off, would I have to worry about going into pw? Or would I start to feel better ?

I think theoretically you should be fine since your previous dose SHOULD have kicked all the the opiates off. Especially if you did it IV. I can’t tell you for sure though so the only reason I’m commenting is to throw in an experience I had once. I can’t remember the details about how long I waited but I remember once I took a small dose of suboxone sublingually after coming off of heroin and even though I wasn’t really feeling withdrawals yet, it did not throw me into pwd. I didn’t really feel any different. Now the weirdest part is the next morning I took another dose, this time IV. And I precipitated withdrawals. It wasn’t as bad as other times when I’ve taken it too soon, I guess because of the first dose, but it was pretty surprising. I thought I was in the clear.

Also just a suggestion, I started doing this and I don’t think I’ve had pwd ever since except for the one time I explained above. to try to avoid pwd in the future, don’t iv your first dose of suboxone. Take your first dose sublingual or nasally or rectally. I always iv my subs. EXCEPT my first dose when going back on after a binge. Im not positive why it makes a difference to me, but whenever I would inject my first suboxone dose after heroin, I’d precipitate withdrawals. My guess would be that I get 100% of my 2mg dose versus like 30% or less subL and also it all hits the receptors at once.

sorry I got off topic. Honestly I think you should be fine taking your second dose. If you’re worried, just hold off on taking it a bit longer, or take it by a different roa, or try a tiny dose, .5mg and test it. If it is too soon, you won’t get as sick taking .5 as you would taking like 4 or more milligrams.

Went through a similar thing a couple weeks ago. I took the bupe too early and went into really bad withdrawal. I took my next sub dose I think 20 or so hours after my first one. I couldnt find reliable information and I felt a lot better than the day before - so I didn't want to risk making it worse. The subs didn't do anything. Then I waited another 12 hours before my next dose. That one helped a bit, it calmed my legs down a bit which was a relief. Next dose 24 hours after that worked like normal. Hope that gives you rough idea. I know withdrawal is pretty unpredictable.

Also... from what I understand IV isnt any more effective than sublingual. So I dont think theres a need for that unless you have a needle fixation.

Okay so I ended up taking the bupe, about 15-16 hrs after the last dose. Made me feel a hell of a lot better, but it seemed that the bupe only kept me well for a short period of time, roughly 4-6 hrs, either subL or IV. I also took another dose around 6:30 am via injection. It was only about 1mg, and then I went to sleep, woke up around 2 and figured the bupe would be almost gone. I know the half life is much longer than the time period I used, I only figured it was out cause I was starting to feel wd. Anyway I ended up getting a bag and did a shot, felt some affect but not like I would hadn't I taken the sub. So since I did the h, would I have to wait ANOTHER 24 hrs before doing bupe subL? Or is there still bupe on my receptors, and if I did a shot/subL bupe would i just feel like I do now? lol I'm pre much just goin based on my logic, I'm just super scared to take the bupe and pw, so I wanna make sure that's theoretically correct. Thanks guys for the response, much help!