• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Precipitated WD

NoMercyOxy

Greenlighter
I wanted to share a story of something that happened to me a couple of weeks ago and something that helped tremendously. For the last month or so I was on a bender of OXY. Taking any where between 120 to 180 mg a day of the 30mg pills. Well it came time to start back on my sub as the damn habit just gets too expensive. It was Saturday night and I had 4 of the little guys left, so I ate 1 and snorted the other 3 all with in an hour or so ending around 10pm. I've done the back and fourth between oxy and subs plenty of times and had narrowed my induction time down to around 12-14hrs without going into precipitated WD. All Sunday morning I wasn't feeling to terrible and I have a really high metabolism and usually go into WD fairly quickly so I was confused that after 14 hrs I wasn't feeling as crappy as I normally would. For some stupid reason I decided to rail an 8mg of sub and not 10 minutes later I was fu!@ing dieing. I've never, ever felt like this before (I've gone into precipitated wd once before). I cant describe the feeling that had overtaken my body. I felt a rush of fire and ice within my body, I became so weak I couldn't stand up, time almost seemed to slow down as i crawled into the bathroom and curled up in a ball almost crying in pain. I was so dizzy I couldn't even stand up. My nose was gushing, eyes completely filled with tears, my skin felt like it was ripping and crawling all at the same time while my stomach and a@# were feeling like I ate jack in the box mixed with taco bell and 5 day old chicken that'd been sitting out in the hot summer heat. I was fu!@ed! I remembered from the last time this happened (not nearly intense) that taking a shower helped, so I crawled my a#$ into the shower and turned the heat on, I sat there for 10 - 15 minutes then woke up an hour later and felt great. The heat from the shower almost instantly got rid of the skin crawling and urge to violently flail my whole body around like a patient from Byberry mental hospital which seemed to be the worst of the symptoms.

The moral of the story, if you ever find yourself in PWD, PLEASE, PLEASE give the shower a shot and helping you get thru the intense agony. I was close to telling my wife to take me to the hospital because it got so bad before I hopped in. Any ways, I was an idiot for not waiting until I couldn't wait any longer before inducing, but ya live and ya learn.

Cheers

I can completely relate to your story... unfortunately I wasn't as clued up about precipitated WD and decided to take 16mg sublingual of suboxone 12 hours post heroin use. I literally thought I was dying... I pushed my body straight into a nasty WD and this feeling of panic suddenly took hold of me. I had done this previously in the past without any problems but I am assuming it happened because I was using alot to the point of being physically dependent again... Luckily it only lasted a few hours but it definitely made me more cautious! Happy to hear you alright now. Thanks for sharing your experience!