View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Powdered tryptamines vs Shrooms

Wutang_Forever

Bluelighter
Recently came across 4-HO-MET. At 9mg nasally I found the comeup was much lighter than shrooms, none of the tension or anxiety. The peak desired effects and side effects were identical, little sweaty, had to pee alot, tryptamine headspace, light visuals. The comedown was a little worse than shrooms, greater nausea and feeling kinda spun, weed is essential.
All in I prefer the powdered tryptamines at low doses, they seem to have a greater recreational value, but that may change when their novelty wears off of me. Shrooms are clearly more therapeutic, after a shroom trip i feel like a new man, the powder didn't quite get me there. Mostly i wouldn't trust the powder at doses past 15mg. Call me whatever, but i really think the natural way wins out for a heavy trip.

Basically I want to discuss preference and why you'd prefer powdered tryp vs shrooms. Looking for some more experienced insight :)

I've taken 4-HO-MET to 20+20 mg combined with serious weed smoking without cannabis tolerance, and had one of the most creative artistic/aesthetic CEVs (and OEVs) but euphoric relaxed and light-hearted. With DMT or synthetic psilocin I found anxiety and more mindfuck / inevitable mystical stuff... with 4-AcO-DMT its more dilated and laid back but still pretty damn deep and serious.

Also I find 4-HO tryptamines to be quite clean on the body, I've tried several..

I highly prefer the synthetics.

Probably going to push up to 15 mg later this week for fuller effects. It was prescribed to me as diet shrooms, and did seem less heady.
The 9 mg dose seems about equal to 1.5 grams of average mystery cubes, experience lacks the same character tho. Maybe it's a mental thing about eating fungus.

I haven't tried 4-HO-MET, but I have tried 4-AcO-MET and honestly I didn't find it very similar to magic mushrooms. I mean obviously it had the tryptamine vibe but the headspace was entirely different. 4-AcO-MET was much less chaotic and emotional than mushrooms. 4-AcO-MET's headspace was pretty tame also, only slightly enhanced thought processing & expanded consciousness. However 4-AcO-MET's euphoria was nearly as good as MDMA, but in a different way. Mushrooms cause euphoria much less reliably, mushrooms often lead me into self-analyzing myself/life in an extremely heightened emotional state. I do agree though that mushrooms are much better for psycho-therapy and as a therapeutic. 4-HO-MET & 4-AcO-MET are more easy-going with much less spiritual benefits. For therapeutic use &/or self-exploration out of the synthetic tryptamines, I'd suggest 4-AcO-DMT. 4-AcO-DMT is nearly identical to mushrooms with less side effects IME and always leaves me feeling refreshed. I still enjoy regular psilocybin mushrooms though. They just seem less predictable and cause nausea from time to time, making them less desired.