• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Potentiating when you have tolerance to one of the 2

Mlgjp8612

Bluelighter
Is potentiating possible if you have a tolerance to one of the 2 drugs? Im wanting to use a low dose of gabapentin to potentiate alprazolam but ive used gabapentin consecutively for 3 days so i imagine a moderate tolerance is in place. Wondering if id be wasting my gabapentin.

Sure it's possible, but you'd need to take more to overcome your tolerance from the one that you have tolerance to. In my opinion, skip the gabapentin. Gabapentin stops working if you do it daily. I like to keep it to 1-2 times per week, then I get the full effects every time and don't build up a tolerance.

I use Promethazine to potentiate all of my opioids like Oxycodone and Dihydrocodeine.

Typically you should take the promethazine an hour 2 before ANY drug ur trying to potentiate.

Promethazine is a safe drug to take just exceed 200mg in . It doesn't depress the CNS as it's only am. If ur using

I take gabapentin with my klonopin every time I take it, which is fairly often, and it always seems to work just as well. Actually, I suppose I did start taking more gabapentin with my kpin over time, or sometimes id take an extra .5-1mg of kpin, but theres still like a baseline of 600mg of gabapentin and 1 mg of kpin that is consistently effective for me.