• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

potentiating tramadol

back on topic- tram potentiation using myself as a Guinea pig

Okay, I’ve now experimented with tramadol plus the weak CYP2D6 inducer carbamazepine, which produced nothing more than a placebo effect.

I took tramadol with generic Fioricet (butalbital/APAP/caffeine) and while the two synergized nicely to create a “speedy” high, I experienced no actual potentiation per se and certainly no “opiate-like” effects.

I took tramadol with the much more potent 2D6 inducer St. John’s Wort. [CAUTION: St. John’s Wort is a sort of herbal MAOI which can create a myriad of problems/drug interactions on its own, and combining SJW with tramadol could lead to serotonin syndrome (a.k.a. serotonin toxicity) which can be fatal.] This definitely added to the “speediness” of the high. I also actually got high, whereas I’d built up such a tolerance that 400mg was simply what I took to get through the day. [NEVER exceed 400mg in a 24 hour period- your risk of a seizure rises by orders of magnitude.]

I took SJW with codeine. Now, since the first time I took codeine, I had to take the ceiling dose (400mg or so) to feel any type of euphoria. My tolerance progressed to where even with lots of promethazine, hydroxyzine, benzos, carisoprodol, antacids, an empty stomach, and tons of tonic water, 400mg was simply what I had to take in order to function and ward off DHC withdrawals. However, the SJW with codeine actually got me fucked up.

The best combination I found was SJW, Fioricet, the aforementioned antihistamines, benzos, and muscle relaxers, and 400mg tramadol PLUS 400mg codeine. This created a REAL opiate high that was incredible given it was just two shitty drugs- but I guess the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, particularly when using potentiators. [PLEASE people- DO NOT use my doses as dosage guidelines; I have an innately high tolerance to virtually all psychotropics and worked very hard (sigh) to get my tolerance where it’s at.]

Here’s where it gets interesting. My opiate use was out of control- around 2000mg DHC, 400mg tramadol, and 800mg codeine daily (talk about constipation- the trams and codeine are worse at that than most stronger opiates/opioids). I’ve been on 24mg Suboxone (buprenorphine plus naloxone simply to scare people) daily for the last two weeks. Since day one, this medication has NOT gotten me high. Three days ago, I was missing that *feeling* and decided to try some tramadol. The effects were quite noticeable and very opiate-like; however, I’d also abstained from tram for almost two weeks so my tolerance was lower. I tried it the very next day with diminished effects. I tried it today with virtually no effects- that is, until I came home and took 4 Fioricets. I checked my pupils prior to doing this, as I was taking out my contacts and putting on my glasses. They were normal (Sub doesn’t constrict them). However, within 20-30 mins of taking the Fioricet, I felt VERY opiated and was actually nodding. My pupils were so small my eyes looked like a sea of blue.

^ I don't think so... a google search didn't turn up anything except that if you have liver problems you should probably give it a miss.

Thanks for looking into this for me. Tramadol's been very wonderful for me, then I started really started worrying that it could affect my liver based on one members post. But it sounds like from what you're saying, and the research that I've been doing, it's easy on the liver and kidneys. That makes sense, since there is no APAP in pure tramadol.

um I usually end up taking over 1000mg on average, sometimes 2000mg

And this one time I was going on a three hour ride home, and I ended up drinking maybe a half gallon, 2000+mg of Tramadol, and maybe .5g cocaine
talk about potentaiting!!!! jeez

Man I dont know how you could take that much tramadol and like it, I've got a pretty good tolerance for opiates but I found even 150 of Tram to be really unpleasant as a high it just sucked as a drug but did help with my moods 2000mg eeerrrrrgggggg