• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Potentiating Pregabalin

makethechange

Greenlighter
Hi,

I was just wondering what are some good things to potentiate pregabalin, currently I use bicarb of soda and grapefruit juice but I'm scared these are dangerous; are they safe to use? I've been using them the past 6 months and they seem okay, but I was curious if anyone knew any others to use? Pregabalin tolerance grows to fast :(

Kavakava and phenibut are both gaba receptor agonists and obviously pregablin is too. I’m on gabapenting and when I take kava it s like I took 1.5x the dose. Hope that helps

I used it and abused pregabalin for a long time, I never found a good way to improve its effect. It only seemed to potentiate the opiates that he used, the only way to make the recreational effect come back was to wait a few days between each intake
Kavakava and phenibut are both gaba receptor agonists and obviously pregablin is too. I’m on gabapenting and when I take kava it s like I took 1.5x the dose. Hope that helps

If I'm not really wrong, pregabalin does not act on GABA receptors

Thanks for the input,

So is bicarb and grapefruit safe to use?

I used it and abused pregabalin for a long time, I never found a good way to improve its effect. It only seemed to potentiate the opiates that he used, the only way to make the recreational effect come back was to wait a few days between each intake

If I'm not really wrong, pregabalin does not act on GABA receptors

DXM is great for reducing pregabalin tolerance! Though I think it can depress the CNS so be careful with the dosage, I use roughly 10ml of DXM for reduction.

Although pregabalin is a chemical derivative of GABA, it displays no activity at any GABA receptors, including GABAA, GABAB and the benzodiacepine site. Pregabalin, despite its GABA backbone, does not appear to alter GABA levels in the brain, so its pharmacological activity is presumed to be unrelated to GABA. Instead, it is its binding to the α2δ-1 site of voltage-gated calcium channels which appears to be the source of its subjective effects. By binding to this site, Pregabalin reduces the release of several excitatory neurotransmitters, including glutamate, subtance P, acetylcholine and norepinephrine.

I thought pregabalin had no affinity for GABA receptors, this is from psychonautwiki

Pregabalin is not GABAergic. I believe that it indirectly affects transmission of GABA, but it does not actually interact with the GABA receptors as far as science is aware of.

As for OP: I don't see any reason why bicarb or grapefruit juice would be dangerous. However, I'm also not sure bicarb makes any difference in the potency of pregabalin. It will potentiate amphetamines because of something to do with pH levels in your stomach, but I've not read anything to suggest the same applies to pregabalin. Also, with the grapefruit juice, it has to be white grapefruit juice.

P.S. Just popping this in BDD.

I have been going on pregab binges for three years I've tried grapefruit juice seemed to make no difference. I do know that I end up drinking shit loads of original coca-cola just tastes so good no lie during my binges I can easily drink 10 12 cans a day. Eat them on an empty stomach do it for a couple of days and don't eat until you have properly come up. Now I do it once a week and 600 mg fuck me for the whole day. Doing it every day and you end up taking 3000 mg a day just to feel it a great buzz but tolerance builds quick and wd is brutal. But i going to give the bicarb and white grapefruit a try tomorrow saving my pregab day for Sunday so I can be fucked while I watch the Liverpool game.

Im going through the same problem i useually find atleast 2 to 3 days off and the pg will have its intended recreational values again but even then somtimes im still not happy so to play it safe every 4 to 5 days is better please let me knw how u got on

Pregabalin has a pretty high bioavailability and is readily absorbed so I'm not sure how much of a benefit bicard or grapefruit juice would have, but I could be wrong.

I'm not sure if I would necesarily call it potentiation, but there's absolutely a syngery between pregabalin and gabapentin, and pregabalin and phenibut.

Gabapentin is probably better, phenibut can be a finnicky thing.

All in all, the one true potentiator is time off in between doses.

Pregabalin has a pretty high bioavailability and is readily absorbed so I'm not sure how much of a benefit bicard or grapefruit juice would have, but I could be wrong.

I'm not sure if I would necesarily call it potentiation, but there's absolutely a syngery between pregabalin and gabapentin, and pregabalin and phenibut.

grapefruit never did fuck all for me liker you said gaba with pregab has phenibut i tak,e on ly when i jump of after pregab slow taper

Im going through the same problem i useually find atleast 2 to 3 days off and the pg will have its intended recreational values again but even then somtimes im still not happy so to play it safe every 4 to 5 days is better please let me knw how u got on
Keep it once a week is best but i donmt manage that bacvk yto canning them again not really high im prescribed 600 mg plus still got 1500 300 mg indian signiture ones and being bang on coke and meth in states or uk mean i am fucked again

to potentiate pregabalin?
eat some fatty snack or whole milk. helps imo specially donuts. lol

I did not know this. I have both, next time I have a lil time on my hands I might try this, lol.

By both I meant pregabalin and gabapentin. I’ve taken both in the same day, but not at the same time (scripted pregabalin for fibromyalgia and gabapentin for back pain)

They are both Voltage-dependent calcium channels (VDCCs) so that potentiation makes sense to me.

It's definitely more of a 1+1= like 3 or 4, than a 1+1=2 kind of scenario,

but of course,
YMMV

come to think of it there really is no need to potentiate pregabalin it is almost completely ingested if i recall correctly. maybe i just like donuts.
seems to work for me, though. any gabapetinoid, really. Bnz, too.

Gabapentin and Pregabalin go together like sausage and eggs. They seem to round each other out, make the high a little bigger. Add some Phenibut and it's even better.

However, I only do gabapentinoids once a week at most. I get a happy buzz on fairly low doses and want to keep it that way. Once a week even seems to get less effective if done for an extended time.

My lady is on Gabapentin. The tolerance seems to actually be part of it's therapeutic usefulness. The doc will tell you that the pesky sedative effect will go away while it seems to retain more of it's pain relief effect. They fail to tell you about the addiction potential, though.

That said, if you need it, you need it. Are you "addicted" to blood pressure medication? One just hopes they just don't suddenly start cutting people off.

Lyrica is good at potentiating opiates but thats about it in my book. I could never get anything off it after being on it a week anyway