• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Potentiating Oxy: Juice & Benadryl? General Questions?

MIRyuhurd

Greenlighter
Heya,
So planned on getting some grapefruit juice to help potentiate some oxys. Used this once before, seemed good. Is there a certain amount one should try and drink of this to work the best? And an hour before taking the oxys is good?

Was also thinking of taking a few benadryls, like 50mg worth ? Is this a fair amount, is it safe / effective alongside the grapefruit juice ? Would one take these, say, 30min before the oxys, or after? Or longer before?

Years ago, when one was in school, had some diving into Benadryl trips, 700club etc... and swore to never use benadryl again. Ever. Not for allergies or sleep, never wanted DPH in the body again. And one has stuck to that since... But for potentiating these oxys, would it be worth it?

grapefruit juice is indeed slightly overrated, using it properly (requires taking it for several days before dosing) only ends up increasing the duration of effects by about 20% max, it doesn't increase plasma levels or the intensity of the high

If you take grapefruit juice you want to optimally take it in the days before dosing as well as a few hours before dosing, 30min is not enough

DPH (benadryl) does increase sedation and thus perceived intensity, as well as controls some of the side effects like itching

DXM also increases effects slightly but I never really bothered with it

Years ago, when one was in school, had some diving into Benadryl trips, 700club etc... and swore to never use benadryl again. Ever. Not for allergies or sleep, never wanted DPH in the body again.
Yeah, I relate to this. I can't really take DPH anymore even for sleep for this reason.