• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids potentiating Codeine with grapferuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovethehappy

Greenlighter
Grapefruit and promethazine

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]I usually take promethazine but I keep reading that grapefruit is brilliant for extending the High?[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Q 1) is it ok to take promethazine + grapefruit at same time ?[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Q2) [/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]So I?m a little confused on the matter , some people say to take twenty minutes before , where as some people say to take at same time as dosing codeine ? Where as other say 20 mins after ?? [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Also stupid question but dos it matter what variety and is pure juice better then concentrated?[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Also dos it make a massive difference having say 1 glass worth or a few ? [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Personally I can?t stand the stuff as it?s bitter as hell ..[/FONT]

Cross posting is against the rules I believe (when you make the same post in multiple sub forums). Just be patient, more people will respond to your original thread in BDD (basic drug discussion).

I just replied to your other thread. As far as I understand, using grapefruit juice to potentiate codeine is not a good idea because you don't want the grapefruit juice to inhibit the conversion of codeine to morphine.

^ This, I'm pretty sure this post will be closed

Regarding your question: most of the effects of codeine come from the metabolites morphine and codeine-6glucuronide and you need CYP2D6 for the metabolism into morphine, so blocking it by drinking grapefruit juice will decrease the effects of codeine, not increase them

Cross posting is against the rules I believe (when you make the same post in multiple sub forums). Just be patient, more people will respond to your original thread in BDD (basic drug discussion).

I just replied to your other thread. As far as I understand, using grapefruit juice to potentiate codeine is not a good idea because you don't want the grapefruit juice to inhibit the conversion of codeine to morphine.

Sorry dint read the rules !

Dint mean to spam

Status
Not open for further replies.