• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Potentiate Amphetamines and Ritalin 300-500% with Selegiline

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAOI + amphetamine (usually) means hypertensive crisis. Have fun in the Emergency Room. Seriously, the chances of you causing serious damage to your body drastically outweigh any chances of you potentiating your Adderall script by 300%, 500%, 1000% or whatever number you feel like making up

It's not like mixing downers and opiates, which is not recommended, mixing MAOI and amphetamines is contraindicated, which means DO NOT DO IT.

There is zero harm reduction in telling somebody to mix amphetamines and a MAOI.

Well whatever effect it had it didn't work. Maybe the Selegiline was bad, maybe I didn't have enough fat in my food, maybe my body sucks. It didn't work for me, but it doesn't mean it won't work for you. I am feeling not bad, but its probably just the Dexedrine, I thought it would have a massive effect, but its not very strong at all. It worked for a few minutes but it didn't last. I took some more, I wonder what will happen to me now?
Bioactivity is like at 13% even on fatty foods. So I have a very low dosage I suppose.

Okay I guess I'm either immune to its effects or it affects me very little. I'm wondering if amphetamine tolerance or ADD has something to do with it.

This is very dangerous, sure if you get the dose right it'll be great but basically amphetamines release more serotonin and dopamine and the maoi stops the reuptake of these as well, so you have a dual effect, basically a run away release of all the neurotransmitters. If you dose too high this can very easily kill you or at least give you brain damage from overheating and a hypertensive crisis, you do not want to risk this.

Basically the dosing curve for mixing these two drugs is exponential, having twice as much maoi won't make it twice as strong, it can make it many many times stronger, one pill might not be enough to really potentiate it, but two might be enough to put your in the ER.

DO NOT DO THIS.

^ Can't say this enough.

Please, stop trying to do this. Like I said before, There is zero harm reduction in telling somebody to mix amphetamines and a MAOI. It's contraindicated for a reason. Don't take the risk, please.

What I'm confused about is all this talk of hypertensive crisis. If you're taking 10+ mg of Ritalin 3X/day wouldn't taking 5 mg of Selegiline + 5 mg of less of Ritalin once a day be fine and save $$$ when it comes to taking Ritalin because you're taking less?

From what I've read, the stimulant effect is only increased 2.5X so 5mg x 2.5X is barely over the 10 mg original dose and it's only 1X/day instead of 3X. Am I missing something?

Edit: I should mention I am prescribed ritalin for hypersomnia and selegiline for mild depression. I have not taken the two together yet and am wondering about scheduling dosages.

Last edited:
Do not combine stimulants and MAOIs with each other without consulting your doctor first.

What I'm confused about is all this talk of hypertensive crisis. If you're taking 10+ mg of Ritalin 3X/day wouldn't taking 5 mg of Selegiline + 5 mg of less of Ritalin once a day be fine and save $$$ when it comes to taking Ritalin because you're taking less?

A hypertensive crisis is dangerous. I can't tell you that reducing the dose will make it safe, and taking that risk to save a small amount of money is not a good idea. I'm going to close this thread because people keep giving dangerous advice.

Do not combine stimulants and MAOIs unless your medical professional as told you to do. so.

Status
Not open for further replies.