• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Potential neurotoxicity of an MDAI + DXM combo?

Mr. Mayor

Bluelighter
Could this combo be dangerous?

Wanted to try this today but can't find info on it.

MDMA + DXM is dangerous, so I'd guess the same would hold for MDAI + DXM

Makes sense. But I still think it would be fun.
Anyone know if this causes serotonin syndrome?

You will if you try. If you decide to do it (and I'd strongly advise against it) use low doses of both.

It could easily cause serotonin syndrome, yes.

Okay well against better judgment I decided to do a 20mg bump before I went and got the dxm.

On the way back drank half of a long lasting DXM active syrup.

Ill be alright right?

I think I should be cool. Also took some kratom but only like 2g.

Its probably safe to say I shouldn't drink the whole bottle. or can i wait 6hrs and finish it?

Are there any symptoms I should look for?

Overheating, profuse sweating, hypertensive crisis, mass confusion... all that fun stuff. One problem is that DXM can mimick some of the effects of serotonin syndrome (although to a mild extent) so this could lead the user into panicking over nothing. Why would you consciously choose to take the combo? This is super risky if you ask me and 20mgs of MDAI isn't gonna really add anything. Overall though I'm guessing you'll be fine should you choose to take no more MDAI.

Thats what I was thinking.
Eh Ive done Dxm since freshman year (6years ago)
Wanted to have a buzz on the way to town hence the kratom and mdai quick dose..

I think I'm okay but I think imma way to redose the DXM. Sounded like a fun combo but on paper is extremely dangerous. Got some Etizolam and EPH coming in today so ill be experimenting with them:)

Harm reduction would say to stop now and not take more of either. What you choose to do is up to you.

And since this is such an unusual combination I don't think anyone can say what doses should be ok and what dangerous.

I think I should be cool. Also took some kratom but only like 2g.

Its probably safe to say I shouldn't drink the whole bottle. or can i wait 6hrs and finish it?

Are there any symptoms I should look for?

Why even bother posting this thread?

Because I wanted to know if I could take full doses of each or if anyone else has

seemed like it would be wicked intense breh

Well, yes, serotonin syndrome is pretty wicked intense. Emphasis on the wicked. Ie, it can be lethal, it's no joke.

Once thought I had it off of 3pressed pills 20 gelcaps 3g of shrooms and smoking legal weed all night
And also doing pain pills with muscle relaxers.

Im guessing it it was real mdma I would have had it then... Maybe the fact they were bunk was a good thing

It happens most often from combining drugs whose combined result leads to an extreme excess of serotonin, such as MAOIs with serotonin releasers like MDMA, or certain drugs like MXE with serotonin releasers. Basicallly, serotonin releasers with substances that cause serotonin's reuptake to be blocked. Though it can also happen in extreme cases from serotonin releasers by themselves.

Okay so friday I did dxm. One whole bottle. Tripped and had a good time

Saturday had a mega afterglow (havent dexed out in months) and dosed 150mg of mdai.

Ohh shiittt!! Felt just like some molly but only in terms of visual and mindstate. Not really the on the edge, talk to everyone, dance all night.

It was good but i feel like it needed to be taken with a stimulant so I feel more talkative.

I redosed but the affects where very breif if any... Also it seemed very trippy after a night of DXM and low amount of sleep. Note that Mdai was taken 36hrs after dxm.

this is a bad bad combo, serotonin syndrome is the worst feeling drugs can cause including withdrawals IMO, and it can fry your brain or kill you.

Totally agreed, the next day however is probably okay (responding to Mr Mayor)