Potential health conditions associated with melanotan use (excessive use)?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Elevated Red blood cell count, potential thrombosis and in some cases, renal infarction (blood clot in kidneys).

After getting a questionable batch of mt2 I've been reading in depth on potential side effects.

Especially with high use as I realize I've been going way over the top (as I use nasal sprays, it's easy to spray a little too much).

3 mg nasally inhaled yesterday and I'm having chest pains today, went a little foggy around the edges yesterday also.

There was also the case of the X-Factor winner from the UK who claimed he had to be transported to hospital for heart palpitations.

And all of the above is overlooking the potential for contaminants, depending on the source of the melanotan.

Oh, and of course melanoma emergence in some cases.

Sometimes I overlook the fact that mt2 is doesn't make my skin impervious to the sun, and have to remind myself to still use SPF and build tan like one normally would.

Elevated Red blood cell count, potential thrombosis and in some cases, renal infarction (blood clot in kidneys).

After getting a questionable batch of mt2 I've been reading in depth on potential side effects.

Especially with high use as I realize I've been going way over the top (as I use nasal sprays, it's easy to spray a little too much).

3 mg nasally inhaled yesterday and I'm having chest pains today, went a little foggy around the edges yesterday also.

There was also the case of the X-Factor winner from the UK who claimed he had to be transported to hospital for heart palpitations.

And all of the above is overlooking the potential for contaminants, depending on the source of the melanotan.

Oh, and of course melanoma emergence in some cases.

Sometimes I overlook the fact that mt2 is doesn't make my skin impervious to the sun, and have to remind myself to still use SPF and build tan like one normally would.
Can dig through the studies they did in Australia/NZ when they were doing trials. I know they had some high dosing trial participants, one in particular was a white fella who basically looked like an aboriginal person at the end of the trial.

I do microdoses sparingly, only days that Im going to be exposed to sun, like 50-100 micrograms or so. Even in this ballpark I get some kind of nauseating feeling, so doing 3miligrams doses sounds like a massive overdose.

Like 30-60 times overdose. Not sure how can you endure it. Dont you get the nausea?

Apart from it, I love the tanning effect. If I find how to kill the nausea I will probabky doing bigger and more frequent doses

I do microdoses sparingly, only days that Im going to be exposed to sun, like 50-100 micrograms or so. Even in this ballpark I get some kind of nauseating feeling, so doing 3miligrams doses sounds like a massive overdose.

Like 30-60 times overdose. Not sure how can you endure it. Dont you get the nausea?

Apart from it, I love the tanning effect. If I find how to kill the nausea I will probabky doing bigger and more frequent doses
For me, long term use in the 0.5mg to 1.0mg range has killed the nausea for me lol. Some years ago I was reckless and dosed 1mg/day for probably 4-5 months. After that, even with long breaks of 8-9 months plus, very minimal nausea even when dosing high. Oddly the other effects were not blunted such as the tanning and boners

Cool. I´ll try to slowly tritrating up the dosages.

One mt2 question: do you need UV exposure to get the tan or you get tan without it too?

Do yoy get exponentially more tan sinergistically with sun?

Now in summer theres no problem to get sun, but in winter would be great to keep the tanning just microdosing mt2 from time to time. I dont do it because Im not sure if Im just wasting the peptide

Cool. I´ll try to slowly tritrating up the dosages.

One mt2 question: do you need UV exposure to get the tan or you get tan without it too?

Do yoy get exponentially more tan sinergistically with sun?

Now in summer theres no problem to get sun, but in winter would be great to keep the tanning just microdosing mt2 from time to time. I dont do it because Im not sure if Im just wasting the peptide

You need sun exposure.

MT2 alone doesn't cause you to tan though it will darken you hair naturally.

As I understand it continuing to use mt2 after the summer prolongs the tan.

You need sun exposure.

MT2 alone doesn't cause you to tan though it will darken you hair naturally.

As I understand it continuing to use mt2 after the summer prolongs the tan.
I've noticed I can never go back to my natural skin color after long term use and tanning. I am permanently darker than when I started like 8 years ago with on and off usage with some very long term usage in there

@JohnBoy2000 Wooof 3mg. How often a week are you using MT2? Any other peptides, compounds or regular drugs/medicines?

@Hexagon Sun that's a good dosing ball bark to be but most definitely need to get some sun exposure to go along with it.

There's evidence / research on building it up in you and continuing on with a maintenance phase but I wouldn't. Use it when going for that summer tan, etc.

I normally dose 250 mcg a day, mostly so my hair color doesn't keep going from fair to dark.

I have been doing that since about 2020.

That was 3 mg nasally but yeah, way too much. Most I was dose now is 1 mg (so 500 mcg subQ equivalent).

Curious if tolerance can develop to this also with chronic/non-stop use?

Receptor desensitization perhaps?

I dosed about 150 mcg daily for the past two years non-stop, mainly at the time cause of its effect on oxytocin.

Not sure if it works quite as well as it used to or I just have inferior quality product.

Deffo some kind of tolerance seems plausible as here people reported that they get no more nausea after continuous use