• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Pot Isn't the Same

LazyTheGreat

Bluelighter
I grabbed a tiny nug to cover the hole in my pipe so it can retain the tiny bits of pot that I'll be smoking. Even before the first toke I realized I might have put too much into the bowl. "Oh well to late now", I said. I took the first hit and I felt high already. I took one more hit before reaching in my pocket to pull out my phone to play music. I put my phone on shuffle itching to find the right song. My phone shuffles to Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dani California. I knew I was in for a ride. I took another toke and felt uplifted. The sounds coming from my phone sounded amazing. My mindset started to feel swirly. I knew I was high already and I could have stopped then and there and I would have been good for the remainder of the trip. An old smoking habit of mine told me otherwise. It told me that I have to finish the rest of the bowl and so I did. I started toking around 12pm and I was high until about 6-7pm.

After taking psychedelics pot has significantly changed for me. Even early in my LSD career, I saw signs of what was to come. Weed was getting me higher and higher as the days went by. It came to the point where I would no longer be able to enjoy pot without going into a trip. I eventually started cutting it out of my life slowly but surely until the point came where I didn't smoke at all unless someone offered.

Later, I thought to myself where did I go wrong with weed? I use to love getting high and now I can't enjoy it. I came to the conclusion that maybe i was smoking too much. I really wanted to experiment to see if i was smoking more than I should have. I bought 0.5 grams of pot and so my experiment began and you've read the results. Turns out I just need a pinch of weed to get high, hilariously enough.

Finally, I am not mad at all about this discovery. I'm actually pleased by this knowledge I've learned. That pinch of pot was enough to send me into outer space. On my next trip, I'm probably going to use half the amount I put into the bowl and see where that gets me. Now I'm very curious to know if anyone else is like me? Surely I cannot be the only human experiencing something like this?

Last edited:
It's not a bad thing, actually you can conserve weed this way. (Homeless --------> Cannabis Discussion)

^^ don't you love that.! That syndrome is extreme. Sure, weed has some subjective side effects but eventually you learn to lightly adjust, then your set. I can get high on less than I used to.

^^ don't you love that.! That syndrome is extreme. Sure, weed has some subjective side effects but eventually you learn to lightly adjust, then your set. I can get high on less than I used to.

The other night I had another go at it. I put half the amount I tried last time and I got pretty high. To be honest I felt as if I were on a low dose psychedelic trip. I laid on my bed with my eyes closed and I was getting closed eye visuals it was pretty awesome. Music sounded lovely and I was even dancing around my room. I think what is happening to me is that I notice the high more. I notice the very little things in the high you get from pot. I don't know if that makes any sense it's hard to put into words.

I think this reaction is actually fairly common among heavy users, especially those who also use psychedelics. It definitely happened to me. I smoke every day and my highs still feel very intense and often trippy, though not as much as they would if I only smoked occasionally. I can still smoke a bowl in bed in the dark and have some colorful visuals and hypnagogic imagery pretty much any day of the week though, and I often do. Cannabis is truly a special psychoactive, I like it even more this way than I did before. :)

Things dont stay the same. Weed isn't the same for me either but I still love it. You just have to learn to love things as they are, instead of always wanting them to be how they once were.

I was there last week after a 5 month break. It blew my fucking mind when i smoked a tiny tiny hit. A gram can last me a week. Now i smoke a bit more, but that's my tolerance, everyone has one eventually. ENJOY THIS WHILE YOU CAN. If you want to get absolutely fucked up and have a 'trip' on weed then now is the time.

This reminds me of something I read last week about a trend called microdosing. I think it got popularized by Silicone Valley tech guys who were taking 1/10 a regular dose of LSD to help them think creatively and not feel so stressed at work. Now, it's being used with edible weeds, I think something like 5 - 10mg of THC is the microdose portion. You can figure out microdosing through smoking/vaping too ut it's a bit more difficult to gauge the dosage. Here's the article I read about microdosing, but the weird thing is that I talked to some friends in NorCal and they told me that they maxed out on weed and now they get higher from microdosing. I'm not sure how that works but this discussion totally reminded me of it.