• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Pot activists claim Jesus was a stoner

Did Jesus smoke pot? Well think about it, he thought he was the "messiah" and the son of god, so I wouldn't be surprised if he used quite a few mind altering substances. As for the oil, in his day man had already discovered stronger narcotics, so why does it have to be weed oil?

Originally posted by silverfucked:
However, sometimes i think people on this board always argue in favor of drug articles and never are really open minded to the other side of the argument...

the first phrase is correct... and the second part of this statement is tue to, but in this case prolly not relevant, why would i need to be open minded toward such drivil as the bible. its clearly crap. religion is evil, spirituality is real. will the real god please step forth and end the wars over his name, his son and his land. of course he wont, wonder why that is?
i personally hate organised religion and believe it does no good for humanity. and dont give me that charity bullshit... they just broker it on a percentage basis.
religion is a crutch and people would do better to believe in life-living than afterlife.
and as for Jesus...
he was angry at the church too. the money lenders, the rediculous gap between the rich and poor, the fee for absolution etc. a great man no doubt... the son of any god.. just a saying.
[ 16 January 2003: Message edited by: eddi spgeddi ]

I have read a few articles following a similar argument to this, and find no reason to doubt such a claim.
The use of cannabis and cannabis derivatives has been documented for thousands of years, all over the world. Why is it so hard to believe that Jesus may have used them? Because it might tar his "squeaky-clean" image? Because society has told us that drugs are "evil"? Or because people that have been anti-drugs don't want to conceive the fact that the "Son of God" may have used the very subsatnce to which they are opposed...
I'm not religious, never have been, doubt I ever will be. I think religion, whether it be Chritianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Sikhsm, or whatever, is the root of the worlds evil...how many wars have not been caused due to religious, ideological conflict, or have not involved a religion being targeted. Very few...
Belief in a religion is the human races attempt to justify their meaningless existence on this little planet...
I'm affraid I have to follow the idea of William of Occam, and numerous people who have posted, that the simplest explantion is the most likely; Jesus, the son of God had "magical" powers, who could heal people, walk on water, turn water to wine etc., or that the use of drugs, by a man named Jesus, provided healing properties and mind altering experiences, was common practice, and that modern interpretations of such events are over-exaggerated, and have been altered over time like Chinese whispers. I beleive in the latter...
P.S, If im wrong, im fucked...but at least I can try and justify why I lived my life how I saw fit...

O Yeah, Jesus used pot? and healed with hash oil? Just like everyone thinks he had long hair too. I think it's another way to take a pop shot at Jesus and try to erase God out of exsistence, like people been doing 2000 years now. I find it hard to believe the Son of God had to use any drugs to heal anyone. And if anyone reads the bible not everyone healed was anointed with oil. Take the woman touching his garment(Mark 5:25-34)I don't see any oil used on her to dry the blood up. The oil was used for symbolic and prophetic reasons, just like the water was for baptizing. What will be next? They spiked the water they used to baptize with? If you believe He is God or not that's your business but I know one thing: Last time I checked the statistics 1 out of 1 people die, so we will all find out the truth sooner or later won't we? Something to think about. That's my take on it. Peace.
[ 18 January 2003: Message edited by: Mystryman ]

Hey Green, Actually he did. In the Old Testament law only people taking the vow of a Nazarite was not allowed to cut thier hair(Numbers 6:1-5). All others were instucted on how to cut thier hair(One example is Leviticus 19:27). Jesus was from the town of Nazareth, but didn't take the vow of a Nazarite. John the Baptist on the other hand did take the vow of a Nazarite(Matthew 3:3&4) In his case he had long hair. So that's why I made that comment, Most people think Jesus had long hair when the truth is He had his hair shaved to meet Old Testament law. Like all the others did in that day. You can check out the verses for your self. Hope this helps you out Green. Peace. ;-)

yes i have a theory about jesus for a long time i think he was an opium dealer as well it would explain all thses visions and miracles all the people were tripped out on opium and were all hallucinating im glad someone has finally wrote about this as i have thought this for yeasr .im am canuma

I go to Boston University and I have the classical myths class with the aforementioned Professor Carl Ruck. He is the coolest guy ever, we just watched a video today on the benefits and historical use of the Amanita Muscaria mushroom...
[ 24 January 2003: Message edited by: MBAwakeX ]

No historic person

There is no historical proof that a person named Jesus lived as portrayed in the Bible. The Jesus of the Bible was a mushroom and not a person. So claimed the Scholar John Allegro and his contemporary James Arthur. I just heard a radio interview on Cost To Coast AM and found it compelling as well as quite convincing in spite of the interviewers disbelief. He simply could not get it, as should be expected of a republican conservative. The religious fundamentalist will meet this theory with vitriol and disdain and certainly those in this forum who believe in Jesus as the Son of God and their personal savior will react in similar fashion. But truth is truth no matter how popular it is or how many people don't like it. The coolest thing is that Arthur also explains Santa as an anthropomorphized mushroom and explains every Christmas tradition as Shamanistic ritual including the Amanita muscaria. He says in the C2C interview that he is working on a new book with Jack Herer and so I assume he is also a HEMP activist, but he said nothing about Jesus smoking Marijuana. I assume that he would say that a non-existent person (or a mushroom) could not smoke anything. Very interesting!

Check out the guys website and some of the interviews available for download.

James Arthur (Mushrooms And Mankind)

MBAwakeX said:
I go to Boston University and I have the classical myths class with the aforementioned Professor Carl Ruck. He is the coolest guy ever, we just watched a video today on the benefits and historical use of the Amanita Muscaria mushroom...
[ 24 January 2003: Message edited by: MBAwakeX ]

What is the name of this video? I would like to see it. Thanks, Daniel

NOTE: Please note that this topic is almost a year old. :(

I don't see why this needed to be bumped back into circulation.

Timely subject!

I don't see why you would have a problem with this subject resurfacing.
I find it an interesting thread even if you have grown tired of it. I just joined this forum again after a long haitus and it was this subject that prompted me to subscribe again.

I'm just adding my input and showing my interest, I don't see any rules that say an old topic is off limits, is that a problem?

Besides I posted a link above to current events that deal with this subject, and described a radio show I just listened to. I don't see a need to start a brand new thread. Some folks have already expressed their Epinion and I'm interested in current thoughts on this subject. Plus I want to know the name of that video..

if u can blindly believe in the bible why couldnt u believe that jesus smoked pot? either way ur accepting things on blind faith. oops sorry old thread

lets test this out, i'll go to some african country with a bunch of weed, and i'll bet you i can convince them all that i am god...hell i bet if i got half of the people on here stoned enough i could get them believing that i'm god

^^^haha yeah. also bring some glowsticks and tell them its magic. some shrooms or acid might be even better. the cia used to experiment with lsd as a mind control device and if u think about it, u usually are more likely to do what someone tells you when you are tripping hard cause you have trouble making decisions for yourself cause you are tripping so hard.