Posting Pics

ConkyMadeMeDoIt

Bluelighter
So after some research on BL about my issue I now know that the image I want to post has to be from a URL, if I'm not mistaken? My question is, how do I take an image from my camera roll and get it to be a URL so I can post it within a thread? Thanks. Apologies if this is a silly question / common sense.

you need to upload it to any one of the ten billion free image hosting sites on the internet. search google for "free image hosting" and you should get about 20 million relevant results.

once it's uploaded to whichever site you choose, you can get its url and use that, inside [img][/img] tags, to embed your image in a post.

alasdair

Testing...

https://www.flickr.com/gp/148362992@N06/6S34q8[\img]

[img]https://www.flickr.com/gp/148362992@N06/6S34q8

Last edited:
Gah!!! Test 2

6S34q8

you were using a forward slash in the closing [img] tag and not a backslash. looks like you worked it out.

alasdair

Ok so why won't the URL from an image I uploaded to Flickr show up, but the cat pic from a google search will? Whys internetz sos complicatedz?? Ugh.

How'd you get the correct URL? In the Flickr app I selected "copy URL" for the image and assumed it was giving me the actual uploaded img's URL?

Edit: how were you able to view that image if I set the Flickr ace photos to be private? Can you recommend an upload site that I can easily post privately to without fear that they are being uploaded for all the net to see?

Last edited:
i used my ninja tech skills.

if you want to upload images so they can be embedded on bluelight then they are there for all the world to see...

alasdair

i used chrome dev tools to find the request for the image.

alasdair

rule of thumb for me is usually making sure that link ends with a file name (such as the .jpg at the end)

that's how you know it is the image link, as opposed to a link to a page containing the image, as alasdair said.
does that make sense?

None of this makes sense. I may be a lost cause at this point. I think part of the problem may be that I primarily use an iPhone for all things internet.