Post your track ID requests here

Song id!

I've been trying to figure out this song i heard from a neosapians party years bsck. It's a straight tech house song, with an old song vocal.sample I believe on the middle...then it breaks with the lyrics "turn on the back light" . Anyone?

I actually need a track ID within a track (mix). It's the Glitch Mob's Drink the Sea Part 2 Mixtape.
More specifically, it's the segment where they mix their track "Drive it Like You Stole It". The link to the song is here. The tracklist for the segment is: BIRDMAN, DRAKE, COLLIE BUDDZ, THE GAME, JAY-Z, DR. DRE, JIM JONES & BOO.

And the verse I'm trying to ID is:

Look I'm shining on these haters get a better view.
Can't com- com- compare me to you.
I'm shining on these haters.
Go ahead and hate that's what I'm used to.

There are samples in there from a few different songs.
The quote you posted is from Drake's "Over", though.

Edit - wait, scratch that, I ID'd the part I was singing in my head from that track, not the part you asked. Just give me a sec.

FTR - since they gave all the samples artists, all you have to do is google search the lyrics with each artist name to see which ones it matches to.

I tried searching different things in google to no avail. I also just tried googling to verse without any of the artist name to give me back more results, but all of the results just end up linking to the Drink The Sea Part 2 Mixtape, or the remixed track from the mixtape.

Edit: I scoured the vast depths of the interwebs before coming to this thread btw. I'm sure there are some BLers out there who know the answer

Last edited:
It's quite possible that the verse was something that one of the artists that they listed as sample ID's was done specifically for the track, or the track where the verse is from has not been released yet.

This is very common with EDM artists who sample vocals, so I would not be surprised in the slightest if this were the case.

Sorry I couldnt be of much service.

It's okay. I've been trying to ID it on and off since they first released the mixtape for download. It'll surface sooner or later.

And that's what I sort of assumed after not being able to find any real evidence of an actual track through google. But I was thinking otherwise only because the tracklist seemed pretty large for such a small segment.

You could always try emailing them/posting in their blog or whatever if they have one. I did the same when I was trying to ID a sample that Bassnectar used in his Lolla 2009 set, and got a response from Lorin himself who gave a detailed description of exactly what samples he was using, when he was using them, and how he was using them.

I chatted up edIT after one of TGM shows and he seemed like a really down to earth and nice guy, so I dont see why they wouldnt help a fan out when they could.

Always worth a try!

Yeah it seems like the only viable option at this point. Though it's not a live or die situation. I just found that sample to be really catchy, and this is coming from someone who could really care less about rap/hip hop.

But I could always try.
Thanks

Tech house track ID

Wahooo yayyyyy so much fun!

Ive been digging around for these tracks for months now, and have come up with bupkis. If anyone at all can help me Identify these tracks for me, i'll lick your boots.

But seriously, I really need some help here.

Track 1

Track 2

Track 3

Sorry, can't help. But Damn was that a bomb set at L.I.B., have you ever heard any of his other sets from the parties thrown by the credit he's with... Pocket Undergroud ?

I have, he's an amazing DJ! I cant wait to see him at Coachella this year (well...if he plays at the Do Lab again, but he's been playing almost every year since the do lab's started with Jesse Wright so I assume he'll be back).

Always puttin' out bangin' sets!

Track ID / HOW did she do it??

Miss Nine at Ultra Main Stage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMwtOiEOPtU

the video's split up into parts, i'm asking about the first part.. the looping vocal is from Technotronic's "Pump Up The Jam" but beyond that i'm mystified. i listened to 238592 remixes of the song and none of them sound anything alike. my guess is she's playing another track and applying massive FX? talk about live remixing.

i also LOVE the beat she drops at 1:10. if someone has an ID for that, that'd be great?

in general, i'm trying to learn how to waver in bass-less, uplifting synths like she does, then drop a fat bassline. talk about going nuts.