• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Post your most positive change in mental health related to a psychedelic experience

Rukus

Greenlighter
I'd love to here people's most positive life changing, or mental health healing psychedelic experience.

Mine is recent. Over the past year I've been diagnosed with a very rare growth in my abdomen. Less than 200 documented cases of this specific growth in entire English medical literature. Lots of MRIs and CT scans etc. Surgery is sketchy and no surgeons really want to touch it because of the risks. Needless to say it's been a year of constant worry, anxiety, and searching for answers.

A few weekends go I reached into my jar of dried cubensis and took an unknown dose. Nothing crazy, 2 grams maybe more. Was feeling really good, nice headspace, enjoying the night. My wife decided to have a shower so I went to the basement to put some wood on the wood stove and take a pee in our downstairs bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt compelled to have a conversation with myself. I looked myself dead in the eyes and as if having a conversation with someone else told myself to stop worrying. The conversation went on for a few minutes, a few times laughing at myself or joking with myself. It was a fucked up experience. I left the bathroom and thought nothing of it.

Since that night my anxiety about my stomach is gone. I'm not worried, I have faith everything will be alright and I will be referred to the proper surgeon. That one experience has helped me and brought so more more joy and pleasure to my days.

Psychedelics saved my relationship with my girlfriend of four years. They helped me learn how to heathily express my sexuality as a man without making her feel uncomfortable. High doses in tandem with lots of meditation before and after are a pretty excellent tool for self improvement.
Not to mention that DMT can remove many of the symptoms of depression in an instance IME.

It's been an endless plastering together of trials and methods, in my experience. Never encountered any magic bullet.

But perhaps the one core revelation was during the times of heightened perception of endless possibility.

But even if you ingrain psychedelic visions in your very philosophical foundation, there's always a depression possible that makes you forget about even that.

It's a wild ride.