• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Post Surgery Pain Pill Refill

geoffdub

Greenlighter
I had surgery a couple weeks ago and got a tiny amount of pain pills and then my doc gave me another tiny refill. I’m still super sore and asked for another refill yesterday and they said I shouldn’t need them anymore and they don’t want to create dependence so I should just take Tylenol and advil. How can I get them to understand that this HURTS and I need another refill?

What kind of surgery did you have? So it's been 2 weeks so technically ( depending on what kind of surgery you had ) the wound that was sutured should be healed and the sutures out.

What exactly hurts ?

Also, if it really hurts bad and you don't think ibuprofen or advil will help and kratom is legal where you are that might be an option for you to take for a week or so until the pain subsides.

It was a vasectomy reversal. My testicles are still sore. I still have stitches in but they said they’d dissolve.
What kind of surgery did you have? So it's been 2 weeks so technically ( depending on what kind of surgery you had ) the wound that was sutured should be healed and the sutures out.

What exactly hurts ?

Also, if it really hurts bad and you don't think ibuprofen or advil will help and kratom is legal where you are that might be an option for you to take for a week or so until the pain subsides.
I ran out of the pain pills a couple days ago and I’ve been doing advil and Tylenol and it’s not really helping :/

I ran out of the pain pills a couple days ago and I’ve been doing advil and Tylenol and it’s not really helping :/
Sorry to hear that it is still so painful. Very sensitive area too.

I never thought advil and tylenol did too much either. I mean if you have a slight headache or a stiff neck sometimes it helps. Excedrin always worked better for me as the aspirin combined with the tylenol combined with the caffeine usually worked better for some reason.

I'm surprised you even got a refill after your original script was gone. I mean I'm glad you did but nowadays it's one and done and too bad if it still hurts.

A kratom extract shot would probably fix you right up but I don't know where you are .....it may be illegal where you live.

Besides ibuprofen, you can try aspirin ( it's a great anti-inflammatory) as nurse ratched suggested. Tylenol wouldn't be much help. Also, my son found great relief from intermittent ice packs. He was super hesitant to try that idea lol but he had so much swelling from being on his feet too much and the ice packs really helped

Good god. I think I need a few painkillers now too. Just thinking about having stitches in my testicles has already damn near got me in the ER.

I'm sorry you're in pain but unfortunately we can't help other than what was already suggested. I hope your pain subsides and you heal up soon.

The medical system is allowing the hiking up of drug prices to orders of magnitude over the cost to manufacture, but at least they stopped giving people in legitimate pain a few opiates.

Perhaps ask for a lower dosage or a different opioid like an XR formula lasting longer combined with an NSAID anti inflammatory….worth a shot