• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social Post something negative about weed

When I was smoking daily, it made me indifferent towards most things and pretty emotionally stunted. I didn't give a fuck about anything and a lot of opportunities were flushed down the drain as a direct result of me being stoned 24/7.

It wasn't until I had gone a few months without it, that I realized how utterly dysfunctional it was making me.

I hardly smoke as much but now I've been having edibles and really enjoying them again. Now an Average day I'll smoke like four or five pipes at night usually after I've done something physical to avoid relapsing on alcohol. I used to smoke a lot more in my late teens early twenties and even recently when I was drinking a lot and it was overkill, felt like it interfered with my daily life and over analysing things which I'm prone to do anyway. So all in all for myself if I smoke throughout the day it makes my anxiety worse but I can go about my day then use it as replacement for drinking to unwind at night. Negatives for me - cost, smell, slight paranoia, anxiety and overthinking, agitation/weird dreams when I don't have any.

too hard to get when ya broke lessin ya know somebody
been blessed and bless
bless
errr fit

Dabs/Edibles/Smoking-too-much gives me horrible depression/anxiety/paranoia. I hate it.

If I’m going to smoke it’s 1 or 2 hits per day (perhaps a few more) after I’ve consumed a fair amount of alcohol. Then (and only then) does it chill me out.

Last edited:
Social anxiety.
Idk if I'm the only one but it gets bad when stoned.
Same here, especially when I smoke too much.

Like when I smoke too much, or do dabs or eat edibles I just feel weird and reclusive, along with severely depressed. All I want to do is be alone. I barely talk to anyone.

For me, Meth and Coke are much better Social Drugs.

I should also add that smoking way too much (or smoking dabs) tends to give me nightmarish panic attacks. Weird.

I’ve done tons of Coke: A-OK

Stayed up for a week straight on Meth: A-OK

But take a few hits off some dabs? CALL 911! I’m having a heart attack!

Just something with my body chemistry I guess…

Last edited:
Same here, especially when I smoke too much.

Like when I smoke too much, or do dabs or eat edibles I just feel weird and reclusive, along with severely depressed. All I want to do is be alone. I barely talk to anyone.

For me, Meth and Coke are much better Social Drugs.
Yeah weed is a chill alone and listen to music. I find if I'm with someone I'm close with who I smoke weed with regularly it can be really nice and have a good bonding experience but that rare for me right now. Most of my friends don't smoke weed regularly.
I def agree stimulants and even the beginning of certain opioid highs but opioids turn quickly and you just wanna chill.

I should also add that smoking way too much (or smoking dabs) tends to give me nightmarish panic attacks. Weird.

I’ve done tons of Coke: A-OK

Stayed up for a week straight on Meth: A-OK

But take a few hits off some dabs? CALL 911! I’m having a heart attack!

Just something with my body chemistry I guess…
try the water soluble edibles
a heart attack illusion readily comes from sensory feedback of heavy sticky thc goo in lungs - that the the thing from which you are suffering.

I checked the effect upon gabanergic synapses in the thalamus, and cannabis suppresses gabanergic neurons that feed into the thalamus.
This set of neurons enable us to focus our attention by inhibiting selected perceptions in real time.
anyway, cannabis does reduce one's overall application of awareness or attention, probably because we get drifting in all variety of perceptions as they arise.
when I say perceptions, I mean fragments of recognition that arise from the current mental contents and sensations.

so yeah, it makes us less able to concentrate.

Cannabis moves my memory perspective so I cant find things in the same places later. Staying high 24/7 really doesnt fix it.

I often find my "missing memory" later when it has no more importance. But without cannabis all my memories were bad.

Wrote this last time i used my tablet but forgot to post.

Its true, but in those circs any drug that is the first will likely act accordingly

Back on topic, I've encountered someone who was sectioned age 18 after their first ever toke on weed. Verrry rare I know. Person recovered, and then exact same thing again when they were 22-ish. That's pretty negative. Person is mid 30's now fully recovered.

Pure medicine for some, hugely problematic for others. Can easily be both for a single person. so many variables.

Just like opiates.

I just went sober 6 days ago and sleep is noticeably better, as is my waking energy level. I feel almost like a different person. I think everyone around me notices a positive shift in my mood. I don't get into fights or misunderstandings anymore. Love life is easier and smoother. I no longer want everything and everyone around me to be perfectly still and shut up. I no longer measure time in spliff intervals.

I never liked being stoned during daytime, but even a nightly habit turns the brain into a kind of molasses chronically. However, this seems to reverse very quickly since i stopped. The dreams are much more intense and profound. Sleep is deeper and fuller. I can feel my brain handling the challenges of life and emotions on a much higher level of efficiency, both sleeping and waking.

I once had a very tangible 'omen' on mescaline+proscaline, telling me that weed was aging my brain prematurely. This was 6 years ago and i haven't made the effort to stop ever since. Now i hope i can enjoy better psychedelic trips without the weed demon.

Another big win is not having to worry about the consequences of smoking, especially smoking without a proper filter. I might go back to only doing edibles and only 1-3 times a week. I can still recall some glowing experiences on weed after moderate to long breaks. I love weed and still believe it's got a place in my life, but it insidiously turns on me with prolonged use.

One more thing: I also drink way less, because drinking on weed is awesome and drinking off weed is meh.

Last edited: