View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Post Shroom Depression?

iksaxophone

Bluelighter
Hey! I took shrooms last Tuesday night (3.5g, trip report will be posted as soon as I have time) and since then I've been experiencing some depressive symptoms. I've never had depression before. I've been less motivated, more tired, less considerate of others (especially with my girlfriend- normally we get along great, but I just haven't been myself). I've been thinking a lot more negative thoughts in general. My life overall has given me nothing real to complain about. I have work, friends, just got a car, and am moving out of my parents place in a few weeks. So I am trying to work out what might be behind my state of mind.
Could it be the mushrooms? Maybe temporary desensitization of serotonin receptors?

Normally mushrooms are great for fighting against depression. I could be wrong but it sounds to me like maybe they could be bringing subconscious problems to the surface. Do you feel as if something in your life needs to change? Personally, I find that "I should be happy" is a thought that often comes around when you have yet to notice exactly what's bothering you and why.

Was this your first mushroom trip?
Did anything come up during your trip that could be behind this? I know you're going to post a TR but could you tell a little what your trip was like?

I've been irritable with people after trips because I needed time alone to overthink what happened. It helps if I take a day for myself, go for a stroll in the woods or something and contemplate my trip.

Yes, first trip. Not great but not bad either. I was with three other people, all of whom I like and am comfortable with. However, the other guys got sloppy drunk, which put some negative vibes into an otherwise good experience. I didn't do a whole lot of introspection...we listened to Miles Davis and I examined the visual and sensational effects of the drug.
I was really anxious on the come down around 4am and couldn't sleep. I took some tokes, slept until 7, and then went straight to my girlfriend's to cuddle and talk about the experience (I was still feeling antsy).