• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Post-roll 5-HTP, guidelines and pitfalls to avoid

Got it. I wasn’t saying, by the way, that one should supplement with 5htp all the time. I don’t think that is safe. I was only suggesting it as a way to restore serotonin after a roll when tryptophan hydroxylase has been depleted. However, I may change my mind about that based on your posts. So, thanks for the info.
Again, it Doesn't matter the reason. If you don't supplement with 5-HTP AND tyrosine AND vitamin B6 which is a necessary co-factor AND vitamin C which is a necessary cofactor. You will have an imbalance of either serotonin or norepinephrine and dopamine because norepinephrine is synthesized from dopamine.

If you’re talking about necessary cofactors, I agree it would be good to supplement to make sure you have adequate levels. I believe magnesium is a necessary cofactor for the conversion of 5htp to serotonin, as well as zinc. I don’t believe that tyrosine is a cofactor.

I do not know of any data suggesting that short-term supplementation of 5htp, when serotonin is low, would produce an imbalance of DA or NE.

5 hpt combined with ecgc caused serotonin syndrome. This was after 5 mapbs , in 5 mapbs thread, 2015. I'll never use it again after an empathogen.

I think serotonin n does replenish itself. Whoever said it doesn't, show me evidence bc I've never seen it . Noradrenaline and dopamine replenishes much faster and more readily than serotonin .

Ashwaganda for two weeks before the roll and after reduces cortisol, experimenting with.

Again, it Doesn't matter the reason. If you don't supplement with 5-HTP AND tyrosine AND vitamin B6 which is a necessary co-factor AND vitamin C which is a necessary cofactor. You will have an imbalance of either serotonin or norepinephrine and dopamine because norepinephrine is synthesized from dopamine.
Do you have any literature on the topic of neurotransmitter imbalance due to supplementation strategy I could read? I think this is an interesting topic and I would like to know more.