• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

"Post Pulmonary Embolism and I Can't Quit Now"

ksralyv2mch

Bluelighter
My father just got out of the hospital after a 5 day stay for treatment of a double pulmonary embolism caused by a DVT (blood clots that start in your legs and work up to your lungs...) apparently it could've been pretty serious and we caught it fairly quick and he is doing A LOT better. He has to be on warfurin for the next 6 months possibly a year with weekly blood tests. He is also smoking cannabis for his depression and anxiety. It is the only thing that has worked (we have tried everything from natural supplements like st johns wart and valerian root to trazodone to celexa to benzos to benzos and an antidepressant but nothing works as well as marijuana) is marijuana. And recently his wife (my step mother) left him abruptly after we found out my dads brother has tongue cancer. So his stress and depression is rampant right now so he really wants to keep smoking.

Now they say smoking tobacco is bad for P.E.s but that's because of all the harmful chemicals and the negative affect nicotine has on the heart, lungs, blood vessels etc. Where the only negative thing I think that could happen with weed is tar.. which is minimal and not that harmful... so what about vaping? I think that is a better alternative...

Now off other posts like this people have said "consult your physician" or "health care provider" well here is the problem with that. You mention you smoke marijuana to a DR even if it's prescribed they like put you on a black list for other certain meds since they assume you'll abuse them... AND they put it in your medical file... which your INSURANCE COMPANY HAS ACCESS TO, and I'm pretty sure they won't like that one of their members is a "illict drug user" even if it's prescribed! And if they decide to drop you or you want to get new insurance and they see that, your premium will go up because you smoke weed. So we will not be telling the DR about this unless it becomes an issue. Source: My Dad Works for An Insurance Company

sorry to hear about your pops, yeah i imagine vaping would help.

I'm coming up upon a new doc under a new provider and not sure if I should tell them of my substance hx. Thus, you make a good point.
I'm very sorry about your dad, he must be in some pain, but it's good he is doing a little better. :)

You mentioned he has been on multiple prescriptions. Ime Wellbutrin helped me quit smoking, and when taking Seroquel I did't have a desire also. Although everyone is different..

I quit fags after 40 years in March but I didn't want to stop using cannabis.
The solution proved to be a vapouriser, they are great, combustion sucks.

Edibles are a really good option.

Edibles are an option too.

Edibles are a good substitute but the whole process is a lot! Plus the whole ritual of smoking is very nice, you know? It's like the main quality time me and my father have, lol.

I'm coming up upon a new doc under a new provider and not sure if I should tell them of my substance hx. Thus, you make a good point.
I'm very sorry about your dad, he must be in some pain, but it's good he is doing a little better. :)

You mentioned he has been on multiple prescriptions. Ime Wellbutrin helped me quit smoking, and when taking Seroquel I did't have a desire also. Although everyone is different..

I would advise not telling your new DR about your drug history... if you tell them you smoke weed - they will assume you will abuse anything they give you thus they will never prescribe you anything "abusable" (i.e fun lol jk) which could actually be what is most beneficial to you!!

Also wellbutrin helped you quit smoking weed or cigarettes? Cause we don't smoke cigarettes...

Edibles are a good substitute but the whole process is a lot! Plus the whole ritual of smoking is very nice, you know? It's like the main quality time me and my father have, lol.

I would advise not telling your new DR about your drug history... if you tell them you smoke weed - they will assume you will abuse anything they give you thus they will never prescribe you anything "abusable" (i.e fun lol jk) which could actually be what is most beneficial to you!!

Also wellbutrin helped you quit smoking weed or cigarettes? Cause we don't smoke cigarettes...

Thank you… It's been a huge fear of mine, and don't ever want to use opiates again, but might need muscle relaxers or something if I need surgery or need to use a low addictive drug. My surgeon said I will need one in another year or two. Very good point about 'anything' abusable.
When I asked my primary for longer acting opiates to get off heroin she firmly declined, and I had to go cop downtown in my area as usual for methadone.

Doh! Cigarettes, sorry.8( Not sure about helping with weed. Weed is good, mellow ime. It used to help me, and I never got addicted to it… When I used it. :)

I hope your pops is doing okay, mine was really sick last year… :(

OP; the solutions sublingual Cannabis spray. Your dad will get the effects of Cannabis that are comparable to smoking (quick onset, etc), but will not be smoking or vaporizing).

I smoke, vaporize and if I had to quit for whatever reason would easily switch to sublingual spray.

Hope your dad does better.

Tom

Eating it really isn't hard, you're doing it wrong if it's a long process.

No, it isn't hard or "long" but it does take longer than loading a bowl and smoking said bowl. Plus once you make the food you gotta make sure you eat enough and not too much or too little. Then you gotta wait for it to kick in.... just easier to smoke...

OP; the solutions sublingual Cannabis spray. Your dad will get the effects of Cannabis that are comparable to smoking (quick onset, etc), but will not be smoking or vaporizing).

I smoke, vaporize and if I had to quit for whatever reason would easily switch to sublingual spray.

Hope your dad does better.

Tom

This product

http://tetralabs.com/goldmist.php

Tried it *once*. For me, after 3 sprays, it was as effective as a bong rip.

Tom

My dad is doing alright. He still is a little tender where the clots were and he spits up blood occasionally. They don't carry this out here in any of the shops in AZ, I'll talk to our dudes but for now I think we're going to go with vaping... my gf has a silver surfer she is trying to get rid of... but bag vapes seem to be all the hype

No, it isn't hard or "long" but it does take longer than loading a bowl and smoking said bowl. Plus once you make the food you gotta make sure you eat enough and not too much or too little. Then you gotta wait for it to kick in.... just easier to smoke...

My dad is doing alright. He still is a little tender where the clots were and he spits up blood occasionally. They don't carry this out here in any of the shops in AZ, I'll talk to our dudes but for now I think we're going to go with vaping... my gf has a silver surfer she is trying to get rid of... but bag vapes seem to be all the hype

If you can get some hash, then go on the hash yoghurt diet. Hash & other extracts are really easy to eat, not as much messing about as weed & more predictable results. You can vaporise hash in a glass pipe if you're careful too. Even if you're smoking it then there's less smoke for similar effects with good quality strong hash/oil.

Last edited:
Why not a vaporizer? Buy a volcano if you can afford it (or other non portable vapo) and put it in the living room or something so you both can do vape sessions together. Incredible flavor, much healthier and gets you pretty high.