• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Post polly serious side effects

kud34

Greenlighter
My girlfriend went to an EDM festival last weekend and ended up taking molly and has since had some very serious side effects. She took 1 pill on saturday and one on sunday. She describes the powder to be near creamish white in color. Starting Monday night she has had extreme waves of depression and many many panic attacks brought on by anxiety and thoughts of never feeling normal again. I was convinced she made herself paranoid over these feelings until I saw them happen in person. She would spontaneously burst out in tears and I could feel her heart racing. Its been nearly a week since she took the pills and she has finally begun eating again, it seemed like the attacks were coming less frequently until this morning. She woke up in a panic and complains of a pain that starts in her upper left arm and continues up into the left side of her chest. After doing some research I'm becoming increasingly scared.

What should our next steps be? I will be taking her to a doctor.
Can anyone help or offer some advice?

My girlfriend went to an EDM festival last weekend and ended up taking molly and has since had some very serious side effects. She took 1 pill on saturday and one on sunday. She describes the powder to be near creamish white in color. Starting Monday night she has had extreme waves of depression and many many panic attacks brought on by anxiety and thoughts of never feeling normal again. I was convinced she made herself paranoid over these feelings until I saw them happen in person. She would spontaneously burst out in tears and I could feel her heart racing. Its been nearly a week since she took the pills and she has finally begun eating again, it seemed like the attacks were coming less frequently until this morning. She woke up in a panic and complains of a pain that starts in her upper left arm and continues up into the left side of her chest. After doing some research I'm becoming increasingly scared.

What should our next steps be? I will be taking her to a doctor.
Can anyone help or offer some advice?
Get her to a doctor asap and don't spare any details. In all likelihood he will get an ECG done to be on the safe side. If any really worrying symptoms develop e.g feinting, tachycardia lasting for more than a few hours, SEVERE chest pain then take her to ER. A doctor might suggest giving her benzos like Xanax or Valium but I would reject them or only take them very sparingly, a beta blocker such as Propranolol in small amounts is a safer alternative. A doctor may also prescribe an SSRI antidepressant, it will likely improve symptoms temporarily but is not advised as it causes further disruption to the serotonin system.

Whether it was MDMA she took or something more neurotoxic it doesn't really matter at this stage. In all likelihood there's a chemical imbalance in her brain causing these episodes that WILL clear with time, diet, exercise and a positive mindset. Don't spend ages researching symptoms and all that, the brain is a powerful thing and is capable of causing a lot of physical symptoms when it's been disturbed. Just try and remind her that it's all chemical imbalance and she will be okay and is not in any danger. But do get the doctor to be thorough to be sure.

Im sitting here right now with chest pain feeling mildly anxious as I'm on the recovery from a similar incident. I've had all those symptoms and more myself and had just about every test possible only to discover I'm in perfect physical health. See the long term comedown threads for some sound advice on how to speed up her recovery and stay far away from any drugs until long after this has cleared up.

She rolled 2 days in a row, this is what happens (not always) but CAN happen. NEVER roll 2 days in a row, her serotonin is extremely low and she just feels what everyone feels when that happens. DEPRESSED. It will get better, know that.

she didn't take mdma, she took some dirty super dopaminerginc plus serotonin releasing bath salts. MDMA shouldn't cause such a bad reaction (even two days back to back, normal dosages first time use) unless the person is alreay having bad anxiety issues. test your shit next time.

if it was clean mdma and she didn't OD she shouldve felt relaxed and upbeat the following days, she probably did a bunch of meth and mdpv, not mdma

Last edited:
its a damn crime....all these kids at EDM festivals eating bathsalts thinking than beeing tweaked out of thier brain on bath salts is actually what "rolling" truly is. If i had the money or resources i would give free pure mdma to everyone at these fests so they can truly know whats up, this would surely save lives in the process too. its a fucking travesty

Last edited:
its a damn crime....all these kids at EDM festivals eating bathsalts thinking than beeing tweaked out of thier brain on bath salts is actually what "rolling" truly is. If i had the money or resources i would give free pure mdma to everyone at these fests so they can truly know whats up, this would surely save lives in the process too. its a fucking travesty

Truth.