• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Post Pics Of Those Who Died From Drugs

brother sadly thats what it takes some times to relize the true evil that is drugs...good luck in ur sobriety

My deepest respects to all those who are gone, but not forgotten. I am so sorry for all of your losses, from the bottom of my heart. <3 xxx

2h4ymw1.jpg

(I have more flattering pictures, but I didn't want to post my daughter on here.)
Dear Kev,
this came as such a shock to me. I just found out a couple days ago, looking for you on Google.
I cried, I was shaking and I haven't stopped having nightmares about it.
I'm so sorry on the terms we ended on, it was stupid of me to go through your emails, but I really was concerned about you. (It had nothing to do with jealousy.)
I will always remember you as the beautiful person you were, drugs weren't you. They just had too much control over you.
I'm surprised your memory book isn't over loaded with pages. You had such a likable personality, you were real. (I'm just going to add in how beautiful your eyes were and how your smile made me have butterflies in my stomach, but you already knew that.)
I loved it when you talked about how much you love your mom, how you were getting better.. It breaks my heart, that you left this world so young.
You were so lovely to my whole family, and I loved how sweet you were to -edit- (daughter). She really liked you.
I'll miss you even though it's been 2 years since we talked, I'll always miss who you were. I don't know if there's something better in the afterlife, or if we get reincarnated.. But I hope the best for you and that beautiful soul of yours.
I'm not good at saying goodbye, and just thinking about you literally not being on this earth is bewildering to me. It reminds me that no one is invincible.
I hope that this was honestly an accident and you didn't mean to hurt yourself, because the thought of it being a suicide is even more distressing. I also hope it didn't hurt too much or (at all.)
This is so sad to even think about, I can't even imagine how your family feels.

Rest in peace, Kevin.
Where ever "peace" may be.

Posted by: lalapanda Sep 20, 2014

-Obituary posting

I still miss you and I still feel the same way.

Fuckin' heroin... Takes some of the most loveliest people out of this world.

I'm so sorry for everything, Kev.

my best friend matt oneill died about 6 months ago from a heroin, xanax, adderall, and whatever he was doing overdose. He texted to come over and party and i told him i was done with that stuff (except prescribed xanax) but he got all this and got mad at me thru text, and i called one of my other best friends, and said to stay away. I had work at 7am the next day so to this day i wish me and my other friend would have gone over there and threw away all the drugs. But we didnt. A day doesnt go by thinking about what we could have done. It was his second overdose from about 6 drugs in his system, but i miss him like crazy. He was funny, serious when he needed to be, loved his dad who was in vietnam, but he was a table junky just like i was.......his dad who served in vietnam passed about 5 years ago....and i think he wanted to be with him.....ill never know but i love you man. I miss you to death.
e

when i was 17, i lost a friend Andy Davidson who i knew from preschool and always hung out and skateboarded, who went to a different high school, and died of a speedball overdose, and his "friend" left the scene without calling the cops because he was afraid of getting in trouble.....stupid chicago laws back then, then about a month ago my friend Matt Oneill, who i smoked pot with for the first time, died of an appartment benzo, adderall, heroin overdose, ill never really know, but we kept in close contact and he actually called me that night to come over and party in the city, but i said no because i had work in the morning, early. He got really mad at me and i was worried so i called another best friend and he said to stay away from those drugs, which i did and the next night i found out he locked himself in his room, and did the drugs, overdosed and passed. 31 years old, what a waste of a life, he had so much going for him too.....at least he is with his dad now, which probably made him go to the level he was at, his dad was a vietnam vet, who he would always talk about and his storys that matt told me about his experience were mind blowing. I just hope they are watching out for their family, friends, and are in a paradise. I hope for Andy and Matt that they had some reason for this to happen. Maybe it saved my life, because i have touched h since his death. I also think of the consequences before doing stuff now. I pray for their family and like they always say, "Only the good die young"

"It is better to burn out than to fade away"

Wanda T. She was a 42 year old mother of two children. She passed December 2014. She was one of the nicest and a most humble person. Last I saw her something clearly did not look right but I didn't ever think it would be heroin. It is really sad to see a mother leave two children behind. Their father was arrested last month in his car. Cops were raiding his home and found him in the car unconscious. They had to hit him with Narcan twice just to arrest him. He was found with lots of pills and weapons. It's a sad story all around. Funny thing is when you are gone you are gone. You are so terribly missed by some but forgotten by most. Drugs do so much damage.

Will not post picture out of respect for her children.

Kenneth E. Johnston 1965-2015
Supposedly died in his sleep after a day or 2 of speedballing meth and heroin. I Also think his heroin was cut with fentanyl tho. There were 3 fent overdoses in the neighborhood that same night.
He was a good unkle, we both knew the other was using heroin, we did trips and noids and things together before, but for some reason we never took the heroin conversation further than confirming the other used. Was for the best I think. I like to hope he went to a better place, free of his various lifetime addictions, heroin being his last it seems. Keeping him in mind helped me quit heroin.

Walter H. Johnston 1947 - 1996
Dad, died when I was younger. Pancretic cancer and cirrhosis of the liver. Had many health problems as a result of being a lifelong alcoholic. Suffered many years, spent his last year or 2 sober, doctor thought he woulda lived longer had he kept drinking beer from what i hear. Shoulda took this knowledge as a warning at a young age, now I have colitis the rest of my days as the result of a galon of whiskey a day habit I managed to quit after waking up in the hospital after a blackout, took 30mg of klonapin and 20mg of etizolam and my daily ammount of alcohol. Dont remember attempting suicide tho.
Havent been an alcoholic since.
I wish I woulda had more time to get to know him before he passed away, I think about it all the time.

Will post photos and more names later. Those 2 are just the most personal to me.

Meaghan G- 25 opiate overdose.

Darcy A 18 heroin overdose

Taylor S 18 Methadone and alcohol overdose

I've lost two people close to me to drug OD.

RIP Brent...heroin OD
RIP Jose....opana and xanax OD

1636294_profile_pic.png

For a once-close friend of mine, a kind, funny, and endearing person:

Matt,

Thank you so much for befriending me and making me feel comfortable when I was lost and disoriented in my first year of college. It's so strange to think that the vibrant person you were is gone; that all I have to fill the gaping hole you left is a collection of memories.

I remember our philosophical conversations and your surprising sensitivity. I remember how we made pacts to stop using hard drugs, to hit up the gym, to stick to psychedelics--and how we actually believed ourselves. I remember how, in moments of sobriety, you told me that what you really needed was to leave Philly and travel far, far away. And I will never forget that unfocused, distant look in your eyes when you told me how much it hurt that you'd given 10 years to heroin--one whole decade of your life that you'd never, ever get back.

Matt, I think that the full implications of your untimely passing still haven't completely sunk in for me. For now, I can just say that words do not have the capacity to express how much I wish heroin hadn't taken your life as well.

A numbed and incomplete goodbye,
Justin

I think

It's important to mention the ones who passed while they were high, or suffered from mental issues during their addiction..

It makes you realize how dangerous drugs can be.. And it also makes you aware that overdose-ing isn't that ONLY way to
Go
Out from drugs.. Not at all

They can fuck with your head.. Ur reality... Could happen ur first time, could happen after long term use.
You might hurt yourself . You might hurt someone else .
You might be just selling it and someone Robbs you and it goes bad .

Anyways

RIP

Sarah 23 Herion OD

Leland 23 Herion od

Brandon 18 sucide & drunk driving

I've noticed a few people I
Know that have OD, were actually
Clean for a bit and then decided to use , and that was the last thing they ever did.
I don't know if they didn't understand about tolerance or what .. But that is so avoidable. so whoever is reading this , please remember tolerence goes down fast as shit . You can always do more but you can never take it away. (Unless u have naxalone but that's a different subject . Just DONT)

This brings back the sort of memories that are making me cry.

I don't think a list of names from the 70s are going to mean much here, or a few soldiers from the late 80s, or the dozens lost AIDS in the late 80s and the 90s.

Just know that my heart goes out to all those who have been lost and to all those who mourn them.

I would've thought, based on how many of my friends died of opiates/oids and benzos w/wo alcohol in the 70's and early 80s, that by now, perhaps people would've caught on to the dangers. I am saddened that they have not.

And the suicides. Today the suicides that hit me close are the soldiers of my husband's generation. I feel like there will always be something that is killing off our best and brightest, and until we can allay the pain beneath all of this, nothing will get better.

RIP Corey B. 24, heroin OD. You kicked the shit for 6 months. Shouldn't have came back here man it's toxic. Everyone misses you.

My younger brother, my best friend, my other and better half. We were like pb&j. He hung himself in our apartment almost 10 years ago. I walked in from a long days work and found him there... Tried to revive him but he was ice cold. It was part drugs but more so finding out the "love" of his life, his first girlfriend was cheating on him/didn't wanna be with him anymore. He took a copious amount of drugs before, knowing he'd pass out as he hung himself. He only used pot but when he found out the truth he got the good stuff to not feel any of the pain. I love you and miss you brother even 10 years later. You were 18 and I was 20. I wonder what you'd be like today.... i find myself asking, brother why'd you have to go? You left us all too soon. Brother why'd you have to die, you finally made your brother cry. But I know your watching over me tonight. I know your watching over me tonight..

^Stories like this make my blood boil. The same thing just happened here in my so-called 'progressive' little town. These girls did not have to suffer like this and they did not have to die. My heart goes out to the parents who made a desperate decision that took their daughter's life rather than saving it.

Most of us have lost friends to H or pills, in my graduating class of about 350 I can think of atleast 10 people I went to school with that died of O.D. or car accidents due to being high. So sad to see lives wasted so needlessly.