Post Deletion Issue

Moreaux

Bluelight Crew
User Raze is having issues where his posts are deleting. I have verified that they do make it into the system as I received the notification with his original message, however, the messages are blank in the thread. He requested assistance in the thread and I pm'd him for further details - don't know if this info will help but here are the messages. Also, I can provide time/date stamps if needed as I have the message notifications to the thread he responded to. Please direct comm to that user as I am just relaying what has been told to me, and will provide this link to him as well. Have a great evening!

Raze said:
Hi there,

Thank you so much for responding. I've been really confused as to what's going on.
I'm posting via my phone, a Samsung on Chrome, but also on my Ipad, using Chrome again.

Do you know for certain another mod isn't deleting them?
Kind regards

Moreaux said:
Good Morning -

Your messages came through via notifications so I know they are hitting the system, not certain why they're deleting. How are you posting ie desktop or mobile, and what browser are you using? I'll open up a support thread for you once I hear back so you can get assistance. Sorry you are having these troubles.

Kindest Regards -

Moreaux

Yes - I know they aren't being deleted. I have received the notifications which contain your posts, so I know that your submission was accepted into the system on some level to be included in the notification. However, the content is removed on the page - I see that you made a post but the content is gone. I'm going to pass all the along to support, and I will send you the link to th support thread. As a mod I don't have access to the technical workings of the site, though as a software developer I can make guesses, but without access my guesses do nothing lol. I will contact you back shortly.

Thanks for making this thread. I haven't been on BL but will post around and see if it's still happening.

I notices when I try to edit my posts on the mobile site and go to save them it ends up deleting the entire post (this happened regardless of whether I was using Chrome or the standard android browser on my phone). I no longer use the mobile site on my phone, problem solved.

It's a really common bug with the mobile site.

I use my BL on my phone all the time - but always in desktop mode - and never have an issue.

I usually just do BL on my iPhone 6 Plus and have not encountered this issue...I wonder if it's restricted to android? I constantly have to edit my posts as I am not skilled with a mobile keypad and also autocorrect is so wanly in what it updates content to...