• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Post acute withdrawal and resuming drug use

Mlgjp8612

Bluelighter
So they say paws can last month's sometimes years. I'm just curious do the mental symptoms of it go away if you start using drugs again ...what do yall think? I googled this and could only find basic info on paws and nothing on this particular question.

If you're using the type of drugs that caused paws, then yes, paws symptoms will cease.. until you detox again.

-hs

if you get back into the cycle of addiction expect to have to get out of it again.

Say you were using in both cases the same amount of time and frequency...do you think paws symptoms would be less severe if your using gradually lessened over time as to cold turkey? Or do you think both would be the same because the damage was done in frequency and time length the same in both cases?

I think paws would disappear of one continued to pick up drugs again. I think tapering to prevent paws would still only delay the whole process. However ,once I was clean from methadone, and going thru bad withdrawals for like a month, i decided to take 40mg of it. Magically, all my withdrawals virtually disappeared the next day. That's when I started taking subs after that, actually, I was taking subs to help kill withdrawal symptoms from methadone which it barely helped at all, but when I decided to take methadone just one time , it literally killed all my methadone withdrawals after that point. Sorry to ramble, I'm in one of those moods where I feel like posting, then dont, at the same time lol. I just wanted to help the OP with my experience