• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Possible User?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaa97

Greenlighter
So someone I know and love is using. I thought it was meth but she doesn't really show any of the behavior other than being off and kind of aggressive. I came home yesterday and she raided my bedroom for no reason and what's really weird (and unlike her) she grabbed a cup i was using the pervious night and shoved napkins in it then put it on my floor? I don't know why. I don't know what's going on but she's using something i just don't know what it could be other than meth. So i guess my question is does anyone know what it could be? I know this is really personal but i can't find anything on the internet that is actually helpful.

This is a tough one because there is no way to really know. There's a lot of questions but here are a few- Do you know her to have been a drug user in the past? If so, what drugs has she used? How about mental health issues? Are you willing to just come out and ask her? Can you ask her family members or are you the family member? What are her friends like? Is she on any prescribed medications? You see where I'm going with this but hang in there.

That doesn't sound like evidence of someone using any drug to be honest, it could be wrote off as weird behavior. Speed and meth are my DOC so I can tell you the warning signs would be insomnia- usually 48 hours or more (strange behavior/paranoia/aggression also usually comes from sleep dep more than use itself) inability to eat or lack of appetite, mysterious behavior where they want to be alone or away from you to use (could be very often if smoking/snorting or spaced out 6-12hours or more if shooting), lack of money if their habit has gotten bad, extremely dilated pupils, possibly lockjaw/grinding of the teeth, highly increased libido, possible agitation and frustration when unable to use (especially if use is chronic). If you don't mind me asking- what else have you noticed? Any of these symptoms? Anything at all that would seem noteworthy? Mood swings? Extremely happy and outgoing while high and the opposite whilst sober? How long has what you deem as strange behavior been going on? Have you known them to do drugs in the past, if so were they using multiple substances or just one thing such as pot? I'd really like to help, but to make any sort of assumption I would need more information.

What Dopamine princess said, and it's pretty common to talk more and faster when high.
Food intake will be greatly reduced, so if this weird behaviour goes on and it's from meth you should notice weight loss.

Could also be this person depends on some anxiolitic/antipsychotic and ran out?

I am sympathetic to your plight OP, really, I am. Here is the part where I sound like an asshole. This is really more of a relationship issue than it is to do with the specific philosophy of Harm Reduction. It would be like moving a mountain for us to tell you precisely what is going on with your chick is up to and even if we moved said mountain, what would you have to show for it. You could certainly "tell them so", but even that wouldn't really have a positive impact on anyone's life in a significant way.

If I may play Montel Williams for a brief moment, what you are lacking in your relationship is honesty. How do I know this? Well, if you had a truly open and honest relationship, then you wouldn't be asking a litany of cyber-fiends to play Sherlock to your Watson. If there is no honesty, tell them to kick rocks. That's it. If they're fucked up and they don't want to tell you about it...

CONSEQUENCES

Dating liars will ruin your life. I am a reformed liar myself and I've done terrible things to the emotional health of women that I thought I loved. Don't stand for it. If they are doing wacky, crazy shit as if they're high on Meth, call them on it. Don't act like a moron or like everything is okay. It will only be harder for you to confront them down the road if you don't do it now.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.