• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Possible to remove impurities / wash mdma?

ExtaticKrystalz

Greenlighter
New here so if this breaks any rules such as synth discussion (does this count as synth?) then my sincerest apologies. Was wondering if it is possible to refine and remove impurities from MDMA crystals yourself? I've heard of using an acetone wash to remove impurities although do not understand on how this would be done or risks that would be involved in the process?

As far as I'm aware removing impurities doesn't come under synth rules and is actually harm reduction, saving you from potentially harmful components if done correctly. Your MDMA could be cut with anything - things that are soluble in water, soluble in organic solvents and annoyingly you kind of have to know what it does dissolve in, and what MDMA does (or doesn't) dissolve in, to be able to remove impurities. However, there are some fairly common cuts.

I don't know the procedure but I suppose the major risk is that acetone is volatile and flammable so keep away from a direct heat source when evaporating. I don't think it's that toxic in the small amounts you would have left over, but it's not recommended to have any left over.

I recommend you do a google/bluelight search. Here, I'll start you off:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mdma+acetone+wash
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...-Clean-Filter-Acetone-Wash-amp-Crystalization

Yes washing and recrystalize MDMA is worth it if you have just MDMA in your product. Be aware you will lose some product due to the impurties and just handling the material. You will in turn have to take less product than before.

Not too many risks with this procedure. You only need acetone, epsom salt, alcohol for chemicals and then some basic glassware. More or less you will clean the MDMA with acetone by rinsing and removing acetone and adding more/rinsing and removing acetone and then drying it off. From there you would use alcohol to recrystalize the product and lock out impurities. You could also skip the recrystalization step if wanted too although it will make for a cleaner product. If you can avoid hardware store acetone please do, it seems to have some bittering agents. It left my MDMA with a weird taste most likely because there is stuff in there that isnt acetone.

Here is one of my attempts at washing and recrystalizing
Before on left and after on right:
NSFW:
f079NE8.jpg

^beautiful

Pre to post. What would you say your % loss was? Although i do realize the loss if weight correlates to loss of impurities. Just I guess wonder how much impurities did you rinse out?

Honestly i didnt measure too much and my techniqiue was sloppy. I think i lost about 25 percent though. I feel if i wasnt as sloppy i would have lost 15 to 20 percent though. Maybe 10 to 15 percent for impurties? Not really sure on that though. There is still a bit of stuff left in there and some more washing would take it away but at this point it would be a small return.

Oh the complete procedure has been posted before, particularly details of how to make anhydrous acetone (with magnesium salts).
I remember the thread was shut down because it got too close to production. Must have been 4-5 years ago.

I agree as well. I think washing mdma in terms of harm reduction shouldn't be considered synthesis.

However that is just my opinion.

Well it technically is not a synthesis at all.
There is no chemical reaction taking place, simply the removal of other substances based on their solubility properties