• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Possible to be wired different for addiction?

Needhelpfast1

Greenlighter
I can't talk for every drug at all but for me, cocaine (sniffed) specifically has not followed the path I expected, wondering if anyone else has experienced this.. I get coke for free due to my circumstances, I was using for years once or twice a month recreationally then I used daily for 3 months purely because I could at that time about a g a day, slept every night made sure I ate etc.. Anyway I decided enough was enough because I was starting to get serious anxiety while using and not enjoying myself at all.. So I stopped. Made sure it wasn't around me for the most part, and I felt SO GOOD. Every day that went by, no cravings really.. but when it is in reach again I go into kinda autopilot and use a bit..but since deciding to stop I Conciously only do a tiny bit a couple lines just cause its there then feel shit n happily stop .. I just don't enjoy it n my brain doesn't get that amnesia of forgetting the bad feelings..

I basically have been near on a week without a thing and felt fuckin great no real difficult cravings or withdrawals only thing I noticed was a lil irritable and a tiny bit of insomnia but no cravings? Could this be because of the amount I took for so long I've done something to my brain, or just how I deal with coming off it, or maybe because I've suffered no real consequences like health problems (that I know of) or financial issues from my use... Only stopped using daily a couple of weeks ago.. X

Stimulants tend to be much easier to stop using because they don't produce an intense w/d syndrome... this sounds pretty normal to me.

I used amphetamine sulfate daily for 3 months in huge doses, quit and really only needed 3 days of sleep and good food to bounce back. Never really had any health consequences

Stimulants tend to be much easier to stop using because they don't produce an intense w/d syndrome... this sounds pretty normal to me.
Oh OK that's good, I guess it's a person to person basis.. I've not been addicted to any drugs before, used oral morphine for a couple of weeks after an op and was fine to put it down when it was gone and move on.. Quit smoking when I chose to cold turkey.. I must just be extremely lucky and I am extremely greatful..

However I feel like I've got off too easy considering the amount and duration of my coke use.. Is it possible for more mentally withdrawals to kick in later on in some people? Or should I just take my luck and stay away..

I used amphetamine sulfate daily for 3 months in huge doses, quit and really only needed 3 days of sleep and good food to bounce back. Never really had any health consequences
Ah that's brilliant well done.. Just reminded me I went through a phase for a month or two of using speed a few years back.. I don't know what the proper name for it was but was horrible tasting gungey white powder we put at the back of our throats and drank with some water first thing and then at lunchtime to lose weight. Dropped that out when I was done and never went back it wasn't nice for a couple of days though. Xx

Oh OK that's good, I guess it's a person to person basis.. I've not been addicted to any drugs before, used oral morphine for a couple of weeks after an op and was fine to put it down when it was gone and move on.. Quit smoking when I chose to cold turkey.. I must just be extremely lucky and I am extremely greatful..

However I feel like I've got off too easy considering the amount and duration of my coke use.. Is it possible for more mentally withdrawals to kick in later on in some people? Or should I just take my luck and stay away..

It's possible you experience PAWS up to 6 months to a year after drug use. This is Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome, which means basically prolonged withdrawals. I would consider yourself lucky and I doubt you will experience much of it, maybe some cravings later on or slight depletion of your dopamine, meaning a bit more agitation, anxiety or insomnia, but I wouldn't worry or sweat it.

I would warn you though, just because thus far cocaine hasn't caused issues for you, if you continue to use and abuse it, it will. It will become a big problem and it will bite you in the ass. If you can stop now and walk away you're in good shape my friend.

It's possible you experience PAWS up to 6 months to a year after drug use. This is Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome, which means basically prolonged withdrawals. I would consider yourself lucky and I doubt you will experience much of it, maybe some cravings later on or slight depletion of your dopamine, meaning a bit more agitation, anxiety or insomnia, but I wouldn't worry or sweat it.

I would warn you though, just because thus far cocaine hasn't caused issues for you, if you continue to use and abuse it, it will. It will become a big problem and it will bite you in the ass. If you can stop now and walk away you're in good shape my friend.
Thank u, do u think its possible for one to go from daily use back to a recreational user? Or should I just stay away..
I take that NAC amino acid and a bit of htp everyday and turmeric, eat very well, make pressed juices and meditate, have nlp and hypnotherapy.. I like to think I'm in control.. Just hope Im not just kidding myself considering it's been such a short time since stopping the daily use.