Admin Attention Possible OD on Loperamide, respectfully requesting help.

dekushrub

Greenlighter
Admins, if wrong forum section please correct?

Id like to start by requesting that you please, Please do not insult me.
Under normal circumstances id have liked to fully introdue myself, but i want to get this out quickly.
Dose: 100mg/50 pills(Accientally counted 50 pills instead of 50 mg's i know im an idiot. its NEVER happened before with ANYTHING)

Current Symptoms:
Severe Vomiting. Cant stoop dry heaving, drinking water between to make it easier on me. Never happened before
Face Profusely sweating, but i think due to vomiting, i do that.

BP 135/85
Pulse 115

pupils heavily dialated, slightly foggy/hard to see indoors.

Moderate shaking all over, muscles twitching.

Im Wobbly.

swim feel like i forgot i was using my inhaler instead of smokin a bowl and held in that gas for too long and that sick speedy nauseating feeling also, i have.

swim has been a lurker here for about 3 years.
Opiate addict for 5. (More for mental stability than to get high) (Depression, high anxiety about every damn thing)

2 years ago swim was taking dilauded/oxycodone, injected, then quit and went to snorting respectively. 240mg's/day to be high, maintaining at half that by choice. Bad choice.

spent the last year on methadone clinic to get clean, started dosing at 35. went to 110mg for 8months for consistent life habits to form and drug seeking behavior to lull, and tapered to 3mgs within a month. it was not fun but swim (Hardly anyone for that matter) couldnt afford $97 bucks every week.

spent the last 3 months dabbling taking around 30mg percocet a day for like a week then none. trying to stop

learned about loperamide. have taken it 4 times including today, spread out over a month.

first 30mg, then 45. then 50. Worked good. Yesterday i got confused and took 50 pills instead of 50mg, they're 2mg pills. With the grapefruit juice and antacids

and today 50 again, but this time, on an empty stomach and gut, with about 4 cups of grapefruit juice and about 10 antacid (Calcium carbonate)

Having only recently learned about grapefruit juice, i had researched it for about an hour but i was NOT expecting it to be so powerful.

Id like to request information on how to delete this from my body, asap, incase im overdosing.

Id rather not ER, i dont want to end up with a 3 day mandatory comitment to psych.
But i dont want to damage my liver.

Im seeing a psychiatrist in less than 3 weeks, i was trying to keep mentally stable until then. Severe depression, am i right?

Last edited:
If you are worried about dying or any severe complication, you need to go to ER. No one here can really assist in that sort of situation.

What you are describing does not sound especially like an overdose on an opioid. Obviously I am not a medical professional, but it sounds almost like an allergic reaction.

i know im an idiot. its NEVER happened before with ANYTHING

Yesterday i got confused and took 50 pills instead of 50mg, they're 2mg pills. With the grapefruit juice and antacids

and today 50 again,

I get that its very easy to overuse drugs but you need to reconsider your decisions.

AFAIK, grapefruit juice and antacids won't "potentiate" loperamide. Loperamide does not generally have CNS effects due to the blood-brain-barrier largely preventing its entry into the brain. Grapefruit juice is thought to decrease metabolism by the liver of certain drugs leading to increased effects. Grapfruit juice won't assist loperamide in passing the BBB. It doesn't even taste nice.

Loperamide is a whole lot worse for you then what you may think. It can have serious cardiac effects, such as sudden (permanent) death. I feel you regarding the depression, but I think you need to reconsider drug use, especially this drug. Ignorance of facts and making mistakes can be deadly in this game.

I hope you are well and have either recovered or gone to hospital. :)

FWIW, this sub-forum is for support relating to site issues/technical shit. You might wanna check out the recovery section... Peace.

If you are worried about dying or any severe complication, you need to go to ER. No one here can really assist in that sort of situation.

What you are describing does not sound especially like an overdose on an opioid. Obviously I am not a medical professional, but it sounds almost like an allergic reaction.

I get that its very easy to overuse drugs but you need to reconsider your decisions.

AFAIK, grapefruit juice and antacids won't "potentiate" loperamide. Loperamide does not generally have CNS effects due to the blood-brain-barrier largely preventing its entry into the brain. Grapefruit juice is thought to decrease metabolism by the liver of certain drugs leading to increased effects. Grapfruit juice won't assist loperamide in passing the BBB. It doesn't even taste nice.

Loperamide is a whole lot worse for you then what you may think. It can have serious cardiac effects, such as sudden (permanent) death. I feel you regarding the depression, but I think you need to reconsider drug use, especially this drug. Ignorance of facts and making mistakes can be deadly in this game.

I hope you are well and have either recovered or gone to hospital. :)

FWIW, this sub-forum is for support relating to site issues/technical shit. You might wanna check out the recovery section... Peace.

Great post WILLOW. And just to reiterate - OP: if you've ever done something stupid with drugs and feel that you may be in danger, seek medical assistance immediately. Always.

I just don't understand why people who think they are ODing will take the time to get online and post questions about it instead of going directly to the ER, or calling 911.

WGJ does inhibit CYP450 enzymes but it seems to be concentration dependant on where this occurs. Lower amounts (maybe 250ml) inhibit intestinal CYP450 enzymes increasing bioavailabilty of drugs that are subject to metabolism of them there. Higher doses (maybe 600-800ml three times a day) can possibly inhibit CYP450 in the liver. But the more pressing issue is that loperamide is a strong substrate for P-glycoprotein and WGJ inhibits this transporter. Pgp is responsible for effluxing drugs away from the blood-brain barrier to prevent toxins from entering the CNS, so since this system is effectively stopped, more loperamide can enter the brain leading to many of the CNS effects of opioids. This in itself may not be terrible, but loperamide in high doses can lead to potentially life threatening cardiac arrythmias and confusion or lethargy are not something one needs when trying to decide to get medical attention, nor makes it easier for the doctors to get adequate info.

You are shaking, sweating and have a high HR. Seek help ASAP.

^Informative post kittycat. So there is a theoretical means for wgj to allow loperamide to enter the brain. I wonder if this is more hypothetical though; has it been tested?

Either way, I would be massively wary of forcing loperamide into the brain. Is it not related to the opiate that induces parkinsons disorder?

OP, it would be great if you could check in and let us know how you are....

Im home now, really dont want to write all this again im not doin too hot and want to lay down again.

Doc was in studies involving loperamide. said its been getting attention but he doubts they will change its label or schedule or anything. He told me the grapefruit juice shut down chemicals in my stomach so i did not break down the loperamide, thus absorbing a lot more than normal, on top of accidentally taking a TOTAL of 100mg Saturday evening. the lope itself shuts down your digestion in high doses as well which just added to the problem. in addition to tums.

He said the grapefruit juice stopped me from breaking down the lope so i absorbed a lot more than usual.

they gave me a shot of naloxone., meds for nausea cause i couldnt stop dry heaving.

lope in high doses affects cardiac functions. although not intense, people like me who occasionally suffer from a-fib it had a bad effect on me and i had to see a dr, thats why i was havig such a bad reaction.

in fact the naloxones been work off for ages and the lope is still kicked in after all this time.

it can definitely be powerful. bewarned.

I just don't understand why people who think they are ODing will take the time to get online and post questions about it instead of going directly to the ER, or calling 911.

i can tell you exactly. Cause people who have drug history probably have also been baker acted/invol psych eval where they shove a finger up your butt, give you a trazodome and say have fun while you rot with no rights. These places do NOT help, they are there for use by the govt to freely remove your rights and ont care about helping you. at least the 2 ones i have been to. I went to the methadone clinic and all they wanted to do was keep upping my dose. They love that 97/week per person for years. its a huge money maker. they ddidnt want to help me.

i guess i cant speak for every clinic/psych ward but ive had a bad taste.

Ive been trying to recover for a long time. I went from shooting, to snorting, to swallowing ALL on my own. Reduced my habit to nearly nothing with methadone. If they weaned me right and gave me stuff to stay ok after id prolly be free of the stuff. but alas, i still want to recreationally get high. Like i said, i really just wanted to sleep and shut off my anxiety/depression until i finally see my psychiatrist.

Im not defending myself, but for people like me who would rather see a bridge than a labcoat, it is hard to survive in a society that ostracizes people with depression, and admonish real treatment because either they dont believe depression is real, that its a choice, or their in big pharma for $$$.

Call me a pessimist but the system made me this way.

Loperamide is a whole lot worse for you then what you may think. It can have serious cardiac effects, such as sudden (permanent) death. I feel you regarding the depression,

youre right about the cardiac issue. in all the many many posts, hundreds of pages, ive never seen that mentioned before. doc confirmed it last night.

I wrote out a whole post detailing wht happened in the ER, but it got deleted when i tried to add a quote so i gave up. basically doc was super ool, was involved in a case study involving lope recently but doesnt think anything will change. he coulda baker acted me 3-7 days invol psych eval but he understood my situation i guess. was super suppportive. ill go into more detail im just real tired now. been up for over 3 days.

^Informative post kittycat. So there is a theoretical means for wgj to allow loperamide to enter the brain. I wonder if this is more hypothetical though; has it been tested?

Either way, I would be massively wary of forcing loperamide into the brain. Is it not related to the opiate that induces parkinsons disorder?

OP, it would be great if you could check in and let us know how you are....

I am aware of in vitro and animal studies confirming it as well as case studies of people with symptoms of opioid intoxication from lope, but not sure if there is in vivo studies of lope and Pgp in humans. I will look.