• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Possible mild (heroin) overdose

Bikelife45

Greenlighter
Just earlier a few hours earlier had iv'd quite a few bag of really good heroin. I was feeling pretty good. But nodding harder then I ever had. After about 20-30 mins of my last shot. I nodded out hard and it's the last thing I remember. I woke up probably a hour later very disoriented. With my face feeling very numb like my lips, nose, and cheeks. also my limbs such as legs, feet, arms, and hands were numb too. And I was freezing cold and shivering everything that was numb was also extremely cold for absolutely no reason whatsoever. It was probably between 68-72 degrees in my room. Their was no one with me to tell me what happened when I nodded out. So I have no clue. But when I woke up freezing I had one of the worst headaches I've ever had and really couldn't motivate myself to move (I wanted to get up and look at myself in a mirror) or to do anything other then cover up and get warm. I layed wraped up in a blanket with my head under it breathing to get extra warmth. But my breath felt unnormally cold also. It took a total of a hour and a half to stop shivering and for the numbness to get completely out of my limbs and face.

When I first woke up the only thing I could think of was wow. I just went out im almost positive I had a mild overdose. But I'm not sure. I really want to know you opinions from what I discribed and if you feel like I could be right. I truly appreciate everyone's knowledge and opinions!!

Sounds more like cotton fever than OD, but who knows. I've had CF a few times...get very sleepy, chills, body aches, etc. Makes you feel worse than the worst flu.

Did you mix any other drugs/alcohol with your H? Benzos + heroin can be a fatal DC and can also lower BP.

How're you feeling now? Hopefully better.

That sounds like an OD - the same thing happened to a friend of mine, but luckily I was around to keep him company. He felt like shit when he regained consciousness and was very cold, probably due to lowered circulatory rate. Blue in the face/lips - poor circulation/oxygenation. Thankfully - like you did - he managed to walk away without Narcan or worse.

I can guarantee you were probably not breathing as much or as frequently as you should have been. The cold maybe helped avoid brain damage somewhat by slowing down your metabolic rate, but still, numbness in your whole body is a sign you aren't getting enough oxygenated blood. So is confusion and loss of consciousness. Please take that as a warning to reduce your dose a bit in future, and if possible get your stuff checked for fentanyl. There is a lot of fentanyl contamination on dope these days and the shit is lethal...

Cotton fever doesn't lead to sudden loss of consciousness like that. I've never had it, thankfully, but as I understand it, it's bacterial (or viral) contamination of non-sterile injection equipment that has been left moist, in a room-temperature or warmer area, and then reused for injection leading to an immune system response to the bacteria, or toxic substances they produce as metabolites: that is to say, it's more like a 24 hour flu. It's not, as contemporary myth states, from cotton being injected in the bloodstream. You can get "cotton fever" from the bacterial toxins generated as the bacteria grow on cotton, even if you micron-filter the shot, because some bacterial toxins are soluble in water.

Last edited:
Shaleh I really don't think it was cotton fever. Everything I've read up on cotton fever says you feel like you have the flu and that it lasts for quite a while. Other then having a head ache I didn't feel bad really at all!! I was mainly just unbelievably cold and numb. And just a little confused/disoriented for the first 10-20 mins after waking up. I guess you could say or discribe it as my head/thoughts were just cloudy. I was trying to think of what happened and I was confused, I couldn't get myself to understand why I just woke up and was trying to ask myself how long I had been asleep. But as my head started to clear I was asking myself questions like I wasn't really asleep I was nodded/blacked out wasn't I, how long after my shot was I functional or atleast awake, how much had i dosed? It took about 20-30 mins before I could confidently and acuratly answer those questions and the thousand other questions that kept going through my head.

I think this is an older post but honestly I strongly believe that this was an OD and cotton fever (why not?)... To take it a step further, i think the cotton fever might have actually saved you. This has actually happened to me one time, and I've experienced cotton fever so many times. I immediately noticed I had OD but the shivering woke me. If your body is forced to shiver and intake breath so rapidly, this could definitely wake someone from an OD, although I'm in no way any sort of medical professional. My greatest indication to OD was numbness, greatest indication to cotton fever was extreme chills.

Just earlier a few hours earlier had iv'd quite a few bag of really good heroin. I was feeling pretty good. But nodding harder then I ever had. After about 20-30 mins of my last shot. I nodded out hard and it's the last thing I remember. I woke up probably a hour later very disoriented. With my face feeling very numb like my lips, nose, and cheeks. also my limbs such as legs, feet, arms, and hands were numb too. And I was freezing cold and shivering everything that was numb was also extremely cold for absolutely no reason whatsoever. It was probably between 68-72 degrees in my room. Their was no one with me to tell me what happened when I nodded out. So I have no clue. But when I woke up freezing I had one of the worst headaches I've ever had and really couldn't motivate myself to move (I wanted to get up and look at myself in a mirror) or to do anything other then cover up and get warm. I layed wraped up in a blanket with my head under it breathing to get extra warmth. But my breath felt unnormally cold also. It took a total of a hour and a half to stop shivering and for the numbness to get completely out of my limbs and face.

When I first woke up the only thing I could think of was wow. I just went out im almost positive I had a mild overdose. But I'm not sure. I really want to know you opinions from what I discribed and if you feel like I could be right. I truly appreciate everyone's knowledge and opinions!!
Like the others said- I think you had a nasty case of cotton fever sadly. I've had this more than 2 times probably about 3 times total. Now the first time I was burning the FUCK up for like 2 and a half days! And the 2nd time I had shivers, feeling freezing, had a horrid head ache which wouldn't go away after a few roxi 30's and some 8mg dillies IVed with clean everything. The use of the pills I had helped with the nasty effects but it was still horrid I would wake up freezing and sweating at the same time! Sooo bad and I would wake up also with an HORRID head ache ever! Next time please use a very clean shooting station and your "cooker" has to be new or cleaned so much that it'd look brand new; you'd also want to use small cotton balls or do what I do which is Take off the tip of a q-tip and get the cotton from it and use that may have to us bigger cotton depending on dose and how much water, etc... Please keep yourself clean too, like shower, a clean shooting station, a clean "cooker", & use prep-pads before a shot and after or just use rubbing alcohol before and after every time you shoot up. NEVER, I REPEAT, NEVER, EVER USE USED UP COTTONS! Also PLEASE keep everything really clean including yourself my friend.

Cotton fever very uncomfortable and painful in a way so I think you would have known right away if it was cotton fever it is something you just can't shake off as it's going on at first I mean yeah you can fall asleep during cotton fever but when it first kicks in it is horrid so in your situation it sounds like a mild overdose

Cotton fever very uncomfortable and painful in a way so I think you would have known right away if it was cotton fever it is something you just can't shake off as it's going on at first I mean yeah you can fall asleep during cotton fever but when it first kicks in it is horrid so in your situation it sounds like a mild overdose
I would agree he may have had a mild bit of cotton fever and ODed at the and time. Like a small OD and not to bad of one but along side cotton fever like I said and the other posters said too.