• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Possible LSD Urban Legends?

I heard that shit in D.A.R.E. and it just made me wanna try out acid to see how crazy it really was. Fuck a sheet though. And who would go mosh with a sheet taped to them. Nobody, I hope, is that stupid.

PhreeX - agreed.
lsd opens a new stream of consciousness to the user... as such it can definitely open a 'pandora's box' of horrible psychosis, paranoia and neurological disorders. however, it does NOT create such disorders - it merely exacerbates them or brings them to the surface. lysodysergic acid is fucking amazing, but it can do some nasty stuff... it takes a prolonged period of abuse though.
re the skin absorbtion thang - i read some fucked-up article where police were accusing drug dealers of selling acid to little kids in stick on 'tattoos' so they could be absorbed through the skin.... it does work, but... no.
i do personally know someone who will be found at about 2am in his garden, talking to the plants + shit, or listening to static on the radio. he can understand the static, sometimes he paints what he hears. he can't really function anymore though - he's in a home.

Has anyone ever heard this one: about some tripping guy who burned his hand horribly on a gas stove because he thought the blue flame was a flower?

DUH, this story is SOOOOO old!! OMG! I am SO sick of hearing it too! Jesus Christ! First of all, it's not that he thought he was a glass of orange juice and he was gonna spill. The ORIGINAL story that was started like before my parents were even born, was that he thought he was an Orange and no one would be allowed near him for fear of being peeled.
------------------
*Krista-mystic Supa Chik*

yep, there was a kid in my high school who "took to much acid and is in a mental institution because he thinks hes a glass of orange juice that might tip over.."
its amazing how the myth spreads around, changes a little bit, but is always an orange!!
------------------
"Fuck World War Two, I am an Elephant!"
-Albert Hofmann, 1943.

My "friend's friend" claims he talked to the OJ guy, im gonna print this out and give it to him. So fucking funny how stupid people are. Hey, dont drink Pop Rocks and Soda, I dont want any of you bluelighters to explode....
lol...
hahahaha

It's always a "friend of a friend" ..
How about this one - I have probably heard this while waiting in line for countless raves and clubs...
It usually goes something like this -
A guy has a bag with a fair amount of drugs - something like 200 pills, a few hundred hits of LSD, and sometimes the story will include something like "50 caps full of glass" .. so the guy is seen doing a deal, or someone told the cops about him, or ----- .. anyway, the guy is either at the entrance of the club or in a large crowd of people - the cop/security grabs his arm, so he pull out the bag of drugs and slings it sending all the goodies everywhere - of course he was never busted because all his drugs were sent into a crowd .. it always happened "last weekend" and usually it was "one of my friends who got hit in the head by some pills" ..
Any others?
------------------
"When I saw the extent of my empire, I wept, for there were no more nations to conquer"

Have you ever heard the one where this one guy shoots a shotgun through his bedroom door because his friends girlfriend came over but he was so paranoid from tweak he thought it was the police?! or the one where this same guy and his friends onload whole clips into trees around his house because of tweak paranoia but the cops are never called!?
Yea right man!
Oh yea, and I DO know a guy who threw half a jar and some 30-bags of glass because security was about to bust him. and HE DIDN'T go to jail because all the party kids jumped on the shit like it was christmas. Though he did get assault charges for punchin the guy.
[This message has been edited by 123TESER (edited 20 February 2001).]

I heard it was some guy from new zealand - chased by cops - sheets down back - sweat and absorption - Orange scared of getting peeled.
people often burn their hands with fires on acid, mistaking them for flowers, my mate did it when we were bush tripping - we couldnt stop laughing - luckily we were right on a river so we all took more acid and swam with him
when im over 70, i wanna perma-trip
------------------
"The glitter and the baggy clothes ... None of that was my idea."
-- Vanilla Ice