• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Possible kava rash forming

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
Dermopathy as they call it, I may be developing it. My upper chest is red and itchy, but it's strange, I was fine all day, it was after I took a shower that I started to get this itch. Took more kava extract and it didn't get worse but that doesn't mean it probably isn't a factor. I may've accidentally took too much passionflower tonight which could also be a factor given I took it before I showered. I take a blend of passionflower, valerian and lemon balm, they're very relaxing. When I take kava I tend to add gotu kola. This stuff is great in the morning because it can be pretty uplifting.

Anyway, dermopathy seems pretty common in kava users. I've used it for 1.5 months at this rate. Micronized never gave me any rash, so I'm assuming the extract is at fault. It's 30% kavalactones and suggested serving size is 1/4 teaspoon, which is like close to a gram. I've been taking around 3, 3.5 grams and one night I took close to 6. It's a very hit or miss substance. Sometimes sedating, sometimes nothing, sometimes stimulating as a motherfucker.

But yeah, kinda sucks if it is the kava. This shit is a miracle for my chronic tinnitus and I have no idea why. It's the only thing I've found that helps at all. Keeps it lower the next day and by evening sustained silence. I already took 2 Benadryl before my shower because that also helps the tinnitus some, and some tussin with doxylamine succinate awhile ago because I read it's as effective as Benadryl and lasts longer. There's just so much redness and irritation on my upper chest below my neck. I think maybe it has worsened a bit but I can't really tell. I get little itches in other parts of my body too but there's no sign of redness. It doesn't seem to resemble pictures of dermopathy when I look online but it could just be developing. Perhaps overdoing the extract is why, but it straight up doesn't work for me below 3 grams. The package even warns you of its potency, I was excited to just use very little but turns out it's not all that potent. Maybe I have to take half or 3 times less than micronized for instance but it's still not great. Even claims to dissolve in water, but it doesn't, it clumps up. Kava vendors can be pretty sketchy not gonna lie.

I don't feel like doxylamine lasts longer, but it certainly has more of a hypnotic punch than benadryl.

Dr. Google said it lasts longer but honestly it's probably the same. I bet if you downed a whole bottle of this DXM/Doxy you'd trip ridiculously hard, but I'm way past those days. Shit is so disgusting. My chest rash is still there, it might have become worse. I took 1g more just to see if it would get even worse, assuming that's the cause. The most common complaint I see is dry skin and the rashes I see are more extreme. This is just redness. Perhaps it's simply the beginning. I can't wait for my AluBall to come in so I can strain my traditional prep. I imagine the excess kavalactones from the extract can't be helping me here. Most people that used this product only took 1g or maybe 2g, it's suggested like half a gram as mentioned.

You're right about Doxy being more hypnotic though, I'm getting a bit spacey. Even just that small amount of DXM, 30mg or whatever is kind of interacting with the kava in a certain way. I'm sedated and a bit wired at the same time. I didn't take this intentionally to get a synergistic effect, it tastes fucking hooordible. I just wanted to see if the Doxy would help more or at all. I must have a tolerance to Benadryl.

All I know is that my tinnitus is literally gone right now because of the kava, and I'd hate to lose that. People drink this for decades without getting this issue, a lot of people don't get it, or they do, take a break and come back. I don't know if it's dermopathy, my skin isn't dry and scaly. It just looks irritated and red in that one specific area for some reason. I'll have to monitor it over the next few days.

Perhaps if I didn't use kratom this would be less likely to happen assuming it's the kava extract (it probably is, I'm just reluctant to accept that). I certainly won't be using any when I get my wisdom teeth out next week. Already capsuled a bunch of kratom so I can use that instead of opiates. I don't dance well with those, they not only ruin my kratom tolerance but they have a dirty feeling to the high compared to kratom which just has this natural feeling, when I have a good buzz going it's like I can taste the kratom through my nose and face and that's how I know it's working. This applies to most drugs for me. I'm sure ibuprofen and tylenol will get me by for the most part but Idk what to expect, getting all 4 out.

Dr. Google said it lasts longer but honestly it's probably the same. I bet if you downed a whole bottle of this DXM/Doxy you'd trip ridiculously hard, but I'm way past those days. Shit is so disgusting. My chest rash is still there, it might have become worse. I took 1g more just to see if it would get even worse, assuming that's the cause. The most common complaint I see is dry skin and the rashes I see are more extreme. This is just redness. Perhaps it's simply the beginning. I can't wait for my AluBall to come in so I can strain my traditional prep. I imagine the excess kavalactones from the extract can't be helping me here. Most people that used this product only took 1g or maybe 2g, it's suggested like half a gram as mentioned.

You're right about Doxy being more hypnotic though, I'm getting a bit spacey. Even just that small amount of DXM, 30mg or whatever is kind of interacting with the kava in a certain way. I'm sedated and a bit wired at the same time. I didn't take this intentionally to get a synergistic effect, it tastes fucking hooordible. I just wanted to see if the Doxy would help more or at all. I must have a tolerance to Benadryl.

All I know is that my tinnitus is literally gone right now because of the kava, and I'd hate to lose that. People drink this for decades without getting this issue, a lot of people don't get it, or they do, take a break and come back. I don't know if it's dermopathy, my skin isn't dry and scaly. It just looks irritated and red in that one specific area for some reason. I'll have to monitor it over the next few days.

Perhaps if I didn't use kratom this would be less likely to happen assuming it's the kava extract (it probably is, I'm just reluctant to accept that). I certainly won't be using any when I get my wisdom teeth out next week. Already capsuled a bunch of kratom so I can use that instead of opiates. I don't dance well with those, they not only ruin my kratom tolerance but they have a dirty feeling to the high compared to kratom which just has this natural feeling, when I have a good buzz going it's like I can taste the kratom through my nose and face and that's how I know it's working. This applies to most drugs for me. I'm sure ibuprofen and tylenol will get me by for the most part but Idk what to expect, getting all 4 out.
Did things work themselves out?

I kind of stopped using it for months, I think the fact that I took unstrained micronized and extract for awhile sped this process up.
I did use unstrained micronized recently and had one day where I had redness on my upper chest/lower neck, but that was just one day. I've mostly just been drinking 40g of medium grind a few times a week and have been fine with it. Strange, I don't recall getting the kava dermopathy this early, I thought it was by mid February or so. But yeah I'd say the extract helped speed that along a lot. Was very potent the first time, second time it did absolutely nothing no matter how high I'd dose it. Vendor had shorted me quite a bit each time as well, so extracts are never the way to go with kava, period.