• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Possible danger regarding weed due to it's growing methods

GM valed

Greenlighter
So generally its safe to assume that thc and generally the cannabinoids are safe substances,not neurotoxic or addictive.However since,the majority of dealers,cartels,growers use synthetic fertilizers to grow their trees sooner and bigger,are these substances then consumed by us,the users and therefore destroying either our lungs,the brain,the stomach or liver for the edible guys?Am i irrational to assume something like that?

Never have I heard such nonsense lay off the drugs if you cant handle them drugs are for the strong not mugs

I just asked something i was curious about.If you cant add meaningful info on the topic,why bother?

You know, a while back where i live people we're getting lung problems from weed grown here and any form of cannabis being illegal here it was assumed it's because of just the cannabis alone but a single study showed that the weed was grown in contaminated soil from around/on the platinum mines around here. But if it's normal made compost or store bought fertilizers then no, it's safe.

It's not synthetic fertilizers you really have to worry about (they are used by some growers, but it's not going to make the end product toxic or anything, just means the plant is absorbing synthetically made nutrients rather than organic ones). Pesticides though, are actually fairly common among a lot of commercial growers, and can be very harmful to your lungs. I think it's probably more common for weed to be pesticide-free, but they are used sometimes. Best to know as much about where your stuff is coming from as possible, but of course all the variation within legality, market, regulations, etc means it's different depending on where you are.

That's why it's awesome to grow your own weed. You know exactly what has been used to produce it. :)

^Absolutely correct. Even in regulated states people have been found to be lying about what pest control they are using (saying "organic" when that couldn't be farthest from the case). Your only options are either to grow it yourself or personally know the individual who does.

Never have I heard such nonsense lay off the drugs if you cant handle them drugs are for the strong not mugs

Please don't speak on that which you have no knowledge.

Yeah, I have noticed even some of the weed I buy in dispensaries here seems like it may have pesticides. I don't think there's much required regulation in terms of labeling something organic, though some dispensaries may have more stringent requirements than others. And I guess not all dispensaries label their stuff as organic anyway. I'm just basing this on the fact that it irritated my lungs, but that doesn't happen to me with my homegrown or weed from a friend who I know grows organically.